New 39-1 ICL today

Started by davidsinn, March 12, 2012, 03:06:03 PM

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Eclipse on March 14, 2012, 02:26:05 PM
Quote from: phirons on March 14, 2012, 02:01:58 PM
And those cool LED ribbons  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Seriously - an OLED display the size of a 3-line ribbon rack that can be connected to eServices.  Updated it monthly and you're current.

Do the same with the badges - they could change to red when the currency drops, etc.

You DO have a lot of free time, don't you?!?!?!  :)
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Eclipse

I live at the intersection of Boredom Drive and Broadband Way...

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

But then my feelings would get hurt be size I like the cloth ribbons and the metal badges...

Eclipse

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on March 14, 2012, 07:19:02 PM
But then my feelings would get hurt be size I like the cloth ribbons and the metal badges...

But ribbons that light up could also be used for "safety".

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on March 14, 2012, 07:19:02 PM
It is the 21st century! Get with the times, bro. Digital ribbons are the way of the future!
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on March 14, 2012, 02:26:05 PM
Quote from: phirons on March 14, 2012, 02:01:58 PM
And those cool LED ribbons  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Seriously - an OLED display the size of a 3-line ribbon rack that can be connected to eServices.  Updated it monthly and you're current.

Do the same with the badges - they could change to red when the currency drops, etc.

21st century Lite Brite? >:D

manfredvonrichthofen

I wonder how much that would cost me to set up my rack and badges... What about $325?

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on March 14, 2012, 08:57:47 PM
I wonder how much that would cost me to set up my rack and badges... What about $325?

Initial cost. You have to keep buying batteries after that.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on March 14, 2012, 09:15:05 PM
Solar?

We doughnut eaters don't go out in the sun enough for that >:D. The cadets, maybe, but there's no sunlight in front of the water cooler for the seniors.

HGjunkie

Maybe we could get one of those fancy wireless power charging packs...
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

manfredvonrichthofen

Where wld we hide the solar pannel? In the collar cutouts? Or would those be obsolete?

Oh I got it, if we are going this all out we will all wear turtle necks with only one logo on the left side and that could be the solar pannel.

manfredvonrichthofen

And I call dibs on not wearing a red turtle neck!!!

bosshawk

Folks; lets get with it.  This thread should have created 10 pages by now.  You folks are really slipping.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: bosshawk on March 14, 2012, 09:34:58 PM
Folks; lets get with it.  This thread should have created 10 pages by now.  You folks are really slipping.
My apologies Sir,Care to make a statement that has nothing to do with the thread so that we can get on a tangent and derail the thread and then figure out a way to make the statement relative to uniforms? That seems to do it most of the time.  >:D

AngelWings

ABU's should have been in this ICL. After all, they never explained the regulation preventing us from wearing them or whatever.  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Spaceman3750

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on March 14, 2012, 09:27:45 PM

I thought as long as you're not the most junior officer in the red turtleneck you're fine?

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on March 14, 2012, 10:50:44 PM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on March 14, 2012, 09:27:45 PM

I thought as long as you're not the most junior officer in the red turtleneck you're fine?
I dont care about rank... I just don't want to be in a red turtle neck period. It's just a bad omen!

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

abdsp51

ABUs will come if/when they come.  At least all the ICLs were consolidated into one.  And I believe that someone mentioned uniform agenda wasn't until later this year.  And for the record the cylinders for the empire were code/security cylinders not rank cylinders.