New 39-1 ICL today

Started by davidsinn, March 12, 2012, 03:06:03 PM

RickFranz

Quote from: SarDragon on March 13, 2012, 06:14:09 AM
Quote from: RickFranz on March 13, 2012, 05:38:45 AM
I find all this talk of uniformity kind of funny...

Since there is not one uniform all of our members can wear.

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on March 13, 2012, 06:06:37 AM
Oh but then wait for it... You are going to get told... "Yes there is, everyone can wear the white and greys."

Actually, there's been one around for over fifty years - the blazer.

Is it a great uniform? That's a matter of opinion. It's certainly the only formal one I can wear.

But, like it or not, it fits the bill that Rick presents.
Cadets can not wear the blazer combo.  That is why I said all our members.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Eeyore

Actually...

CHAPTER 4 – CAP DISTINCTIVE UNIFORMS
4-1. General. Cadet members are authorized to wear the CAP utility uniform, field uniform, and blazer combinations as desired. All senior members, including those who do not meet the standards of wear for an Air Force style uniform for reasons of grooming or weight standards, may wear any of the CAP distinctive uniform combinations described in this chapter.

Emphasis mine.

Major Lord

Unless I am mistaken, Cadets can only wear the distinctive uniforms if they meet grooming standards, although seniors can continue to look as though they live out of shopping carts. So I don't think there is one Uniform that any member can wear. We also have a  class of "members" who cannot wear any uniform......

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Eclipse

Cadets must meet grooming regardless of uniform as long as they are cadets.

Quote from: Major Lord on March 13, 2012, 08:32:11 PM
We also have a  class of "members" who cannot wear any uniform......

You lost me on that one.

"That Others May Zoom"

Camas

Quote from: RickFranz on March 13, 2012, 07:45:16 PM
Cadets can not wear the blazer combo.  That is why I said all our members.

Sorry - gotta disagree. Re: CAPM39-1 Para 4-2a:
Blazer Uniform: The CAP blazer combination is made up of several different items and may be worn by all members of CAP regardless of grade.

RiverAux

Why in the world waste any time consolidating multiple ICLs into a single ICL when it would have saved time and made things simpler just to revise the darn 39-1 itself.  Its not like any of this stuff would be a big deal to incorporate.  Task 1 NHQ member to spend 4 hours doing it and then route it through the darn approval process.

NCRblues

Quote from: RiverAux on March 13, 2012, 11:07:44 PM
Why in the world waste any time consolidating multiple ICLs into a single ICL when it would have saved time and made things simpler just to revise the darn 39-1 itself.  Its not like any of this stuff would be a big deal to incorporate.  Task 1 NHQ member to spend 4 hours doing it and then route it through the darn approval process.

Apparently it is already done and on Susie Parkers desk, but it has been placed on hold until the uniform committee can present its finale thoughts at this summers NB meeting....
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: NCRblues on March 13, 2012, 11:13:45 PM
Apparently it is already done and on Susie Parkers desk, but it has been placed on hold until the uniform committee can present its finale thoughts at this summers NB meeting....

Forgive my all-pervasive rancour regarding uniforms in the wake of the CSU debacle, and no insolence is intended toward Sir Ned or any of the other august personages, but my own scepticism tells me that the thoughts of the NB are going to be not much more than reinforcing the status quo.  Meaning: if you're not able/willing to wear the AF uniform, your CAP sartorial outlook is going to be Gandalf, Dorian, Earl, Gunship, etc.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: CyBorg on March 13, 2012, 11:35:29 PM
Forgive my all-pervasive rancour regarding uniforms in the wake of the CSU debacle, and no insolence is intended toward Sir Ned or any of the other august personages, but my own scepticism tells me that the thoughts of the NB are going to be not much more than reinforcing the status quo.  Meaning: if you're not able/willing to wear the AF uniform, your CAP sartorial outlook is going to be Gandalf, Dorian, Earl, Gunship, etc.

Or not AF, not gray = "You shall not pass!!" --Gandalf

MSG Mac

Because an ICL is supposed to expire after a specific period

4. Interim Change Letters (ICL). Situations requiring immediate action due to a state of emergency, an unforeseen circumstance involving the preservation of life or property, or other contingencies that may require prompt action may result in an interim change letter being issued outlining immediate policies. ICLs may be issued by any level of command unless specifically limited or prohibited by the regulation or manual governing that subject matter. Issuance of policies by ICL is a temporary measure.
a. ICLs outlining immediate policies to be followed for a limited time will be issued with a stated expiration date. Such expiration dates shall not be more than 180 days from the date the letter was issued.
b. ICLs outlining immediate policies that are intended to become permanent shall be incorporated into an appropriate publication within 90 days of the date the letter was issued.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

ol'fido

I love the "corporate" way of doing things. Scot Adams would love this outfit. We could have Dilbert in G/Ws, Wally in the Golf Shirt, and the pointy haired boss in the Blazer combo. >:D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

PHall

Quote from: ol'fido on March 14, 2012, 12:42:51 AM
I love the "corporate" way of doing things. Scot Adams would love this outfit. We could have Dilbert in G/Ws, Wally in the Golf Shirt, and the pointy haired boss in the Blazer combo. >:D

Sorry, Dilbert & Co belong to AT&T. Scott Adams was an employee of Pacific Bell.  And CAP already has their own comic strip, Smilin' Jack by Zack Mosley.

ol'fido

Quote from: PHall on March 14, 2012, 12:55:17 AM
Quote from: ol'fido on March 14, 2012, 12:42:51 AM

Sorry, Dilbert & Co belong to AT&T. Scott Adams was an employee of Pacific Bell.  And CAP already has their own comic strip, Smilin' Jack by Zack Mosley.
FUN KILLER >:( ;D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

RiverAux

Quote from: MSG Mac on March 14, 2012, 12:15:51 AM

Because an ICL is supposed to expire after a specific period

4. Interim Change Letters (ICL). Situations requiring immediate action due to a state of emergency, an unforeseen circumstance involving the preservation of life or property, or other contingencies that may require prompt action may result in an interim change letter being issued outlining immediate policies. ICLs may be issued by any level of command unless specifically limited or prohibited by the regulation or manual governing that subject matter. Issuance of policies by ICL is a temporary measure.
a. ICLs outlining immediate policies to be followed for a limited time will be issued with a stated expiration date. Such expiration dates shall not be more than 180 days from the date the letter was issued.
b. ICLs outlining immediate policies that are intended to become permanent shall be incorporated into an appropriate publication within 90 days of the date the letter was issued.
Oh, you just took the wrong path my friend.
1st.  None of the uniform changes meet the standard for changes justifying an ICL in the first place:
QuoteSituations requiring immediate action due to a state of emergency, an unforeseen circumstance involving the preservation of life or property, or other contingencies that may require prompt action
and second, if you believe that the uniform changes fall in the "prompt action" clause, they still violated the regulation by not incorporating these into the regulation within 90 days which is what you're supposed to do for changes that are supposed to be permanent.
QuoteICLs outlining immediate policies that are intended to become permanent shall be incorporated into an appropriate publication within 90 days of the date the letter was issued.

The only course of action they should have taken was to change the manual. 

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: phirons on March 14, 2012, 12:02:59 AM
Or not AF, not gray = "You shall not pass!!" --Gandalf

Yes.  "Blue" and "Balrog" both begin with the same letter. >:D

Oh, well, so we end up looking like a bunch of CSA re-enactors.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Extremepredjudice

I don't know why we don't adopt starfleet uniforms. Or galactic empire uniforms.

The empire has a lot of grey ones, too!
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Phil Hirons, Jr.

And those cool LED ribbons  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Eclipse

Quote from: phirons on March 14, 2012, 02:01:58 PM

Seriously - an OLED display the size of a 3-line ribbon rack that can be connected to eServices.  Updated it monthly and you're current.

Do the same with the badges - they could change to red when the currency drops, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: phirons on March 14, 2012, 02:01:58 PM

Major General

Brigadier General

Colonel

Lieutenant Colonel

Major

Captain

First Lieutenant

Second Lieutenant

Senior Member Without Grade (please, rename this to Officer Candidate!)

Senior Flight Officer

Technical Flight Officer

Flight Officer

All right, of course I'm being facetious here.  But a new rank insignia system would finally give us the distinctiveness that those on the corporate side grouse about...not to mention that these could be pinned on any order of dress.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Also Rank Cylinders to replace ID and 101 cards!

"That Others May Zoom"