May 28, 2020, 05:44:22 pm

official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 am

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Flying Pig

November 17, 2010, 10:51:46 pm #760 Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:02:38 pm by MIKE
Well, asking someone a question from a post that was done over 5 years ago is a little much.  I dont think I have ever seen Cheergirl or Jacklumanog post anytime in the last few years.

SarDragon

Cheergirl (aka Christen Bonnett) hasn't been around since Nov 2006.

Jack apparently mostly lurks. His last post was 1/7/10.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

rmutchler

Hi Everyone,

I joined CAP back in March this year.  I wish I knew about CAP when I was in High School.  I have always had an interest in aviation.  I passed my Private Pilot checkride in October 2009 and I am currently working on my instrument rating.  When spring hits, I'll get my Form 5 ride done.

I am currently the Squadron ITO for my squadron, since I work as a Systems Engineer by day.  I'm looking at redoing our website.

I've been lurking here reading information, but I finally registered today.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: rmutchler on December 07, 2010, 09:45:30 pm
Hi Everyone,

I joined CAP back in March this year.  I wish I knew about CAP when I was in High School.  I have always had an interest in aviation.  I passed my Private Pilot checkride in October 2009 and I am currently working on my instrument rating.  When spring hits, I'll get my Form 5 ride done.

I am currently the Squadron ITO for my squadron, since I work as a Systems Engineer by day.  I'm looking at redoing our website.

I've been lurking here reading information, but I finally registered today.


As your squadron's ITO, you will want to know about http://www.techsoup.org/stock/Default.asp?visit=1

rmutchler

Thanks for the great tip!  I'm going to check it out.

researchdoc

Howdy....
PAO from the Burlington Composite Squadron (NC-022) here.
Enjoying your posts...
I do a podcast (one of a few)  for my Squadron.. in case you are interested in the use of Web 2.0...
http://burlcapcast.net.tf
Semper V
Public Affairs Officer NC-022
22nd v2.0 Podcast:  http://burlcapcast.net.tf
NC-022 Website:  http://doubledeuces.org

ProdigalJim

OK, so I only just joined the CAP Talk forum officially last week, and am rejoining CAP this coming Tuesday after being gone since 1983...and it appears I've already flunked because I introduced myself elsewhere and not on this thread.

I'll slink off now... :-[

ProdigalJim
Jim Mathews, Maj., CAP
Commander, VAWG Group 3
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

meganite

Welcome back, Prodigal Jim! :D With a name like that, how can we not welcome you back with open arms? ;)

ccaptdasmith

Hi.
My name is Dave Smith and I joined CAP when I was a kid back in the early 70's. I was the Cadet Commander of the now defunct Miami County Composite Squadron in Miami County Kansas. I earned the Billy Mitchell and Amelia Earthart Awards. After high school, I lost interest and lost touch with the CAP. Now in my 50's I have renewed my interest in aviation and recently found this forum. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Sfugate2007

he every one i've been in cap for 6 years as a cadet and senior now. new to cap talk
1st Lt Fugate, Scott A
Duputy Commander
288th Pathfinder Cadet Squadron
"First There"

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Sfugate2007 on January 20, 2011, 01:36:27 am
he every one i've been in cap for 6 years as a cadet and senior now. new to cap talk


Welcome to CAP Talk.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

afcopmedic

Hello CAP Talk,

My name is Dennis and I am an Active Duty Technical Sergeant with Security Forces stationed at LA Air Force Base.  I am a former CAP Senior Member from when I was stationed in Great Falls , MT (Malmstrom Cadet Squadron).  I have wanted to get back involved in CAP since I left Montana but I haven't had the chance YET.  I look forward to speaking with folks and learning a thing or two from the other members here at CAP Talk.


Dennis
afcopmedeic

niferous

Hello all.  I recently joined CAP as a senior member in West Houston at TX-179 CS.  I was in CAP for about a year as a kid and then my family moved to an area that didn't have a unit.  My wife, however, has been in CAP for a number of years and is a major.  She currently serves as the DCC for TX-179.  I have been asked to take up the roll of Logistics Officer for the squadron as I have a number of years in supply chain management and recently obtained my master's degree in it.  I'm also an active duty Army vet and I plan on helping out with ES as a ground team member/leader as well.  We are really short on GTL so I may have a chance to do that.   

I look forward to learning a lot here.
Any advice I give is worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Major Carrales

Welcome, fellow TEXAN, I think you will have a great time!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

meganite

Howdy neighbor! :D I'm in TX-447 (SABRE Squadron) across the runway!

nucadet2004

Hi!  I'm Maj Alyson White.  I'm the DCC for my Squadron here in TX.  I'm also a USAF Officer.  I've been in CAP for almost 12 years and was a Cadet before coming over to the "Dark Side"  :)  I had to be forced you know by that age factor.

Just decided to get on here and see if I can help answer questions, or get answers to questions I may have.

Also, thought I might see if any of my old CAP friends are on here and possibly meet new friends.

Well hi everyone and I look forward to meeting people.

Professor Safety & Emergency Services

Quote from: nucadet2004 on February 08, 2011, 05:43:51 pm
Hi!  I'm Maj Alyson White.  I'm the DCC for my Squadron here in TX.  I'm also a USAF Officer.  I've been in CAP for almost 12 years and was a Cadet before coming over to the "Dark Side"  :)  I had to be forced you know by that age factor.

Just decided to get on here and see if I can help answer questions, or get answers to questions I may have.

Also, thought I might see if any of my old CAP friends are on here and possibly meet new friends.

Well hi everyone and I look forward to meeting people.


Welcome to the dark side Major!!
Always seeking to learn.

jkuneyl1

I exist now! C/SmSGT Jordan Kuneyl Peachtree City Falcon Field Composite Squadron (SER-GA-116) and proud! Two years a CAP member this June 17th and a graduating Senior!
C/SmSGT Kuneyl
GTM 2 + SET

chickenjoe

This is chickenjoe and wanted to say IM HERE :clap:
---- Have A Good One
Semper Vigilans