Main Menu

Form 23 - Recreated

Started by a2capt, May 19, 2008, 07:42:28 AM

a2capt

The one thats available on the national site takes too long to print, as it's scanned and in bitmap form.

I made this as a replacement, this is all vector and thus prints faster, and sharp. You can even fill in the text fields ahead of time same test is going to multiple people at once, or you want to print your unit charter #/name on them, or ... 

With Acrobat Pro you can even drop dots on it and make smudge proof answer keys by printing on transparencies. (or other PDF editor)

See attached.

Tubacap

That's awesome!  Thanks!
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Ricochet13

Thanks!  :clap:  Was just going through forms and CAPF23 was on my list. 

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Tubacap

Any thoughts on sending this up to NHQ to put on their website so that a better copy can be distributed to the world?
NER-PA-001

Lancer

Quote from: Tubacap on May 19, 2008, 02:27:40 PM
Any thoughts on sending this up to NHQ to put on their website so that a better copy can be distributed to the world?

Much agreed Tubacap!

Thanks for taking the time, a2capt, to do this. This has been on my to do list for a while now, especially the part about making transparency answer keys.

Bravo!  :clap:

a2capt

It's been sent to the publications manager at NHQ.  We'll see how they react.

Maybe they'll ask to make changes to it. Which is all possible now. I made it last month but waited until our next testing night before I was satisfied with it, it passed muster. The cadets knew no better.  ;)

That was probably the most repetitive and item intensive page I ever put together in Quark. Every line is it's own item, though locked in groups.

I thought about, a separate version for testing officers, for a little bit.. making the ovals as custom radio button sets but figured that would have just totally pissed off Acrobat  Pro.

Then I figured, let 'em use one of those many other alternative PDF editors to just drop black blobs on the answer and print it, to make the answer keys.

Even the permanent marker comes off after a while on others.

Short Field

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Hawk200

That is nice. I've already uploaded a copy to an online folder, and will probably dump it onto several of the computers in our squadron at tomorrow's meeting.

If I get the testing officers to use it, we should be golden. Nice work, a2capt. That probably took awhile.

smitjud

JUSTIN D. SMITH, Maj, CAP
ALWG

"You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

a2capt

Well, no reply from NHQ on the submission, that I sent to the address thats given on the page for the publications.

So.. either .. they don't care, they don't read their email, or .. someone hates it.  ;)

Tubacap

I think it may depend on who you sent it to, did you send it to a generic email address or someone specific?
NER-PA-001

Duke Dillio

It might still be linked to TP's home email addy.....

I love it, I'll use it....*&^* what national says!!!

a2capt

The email address on the site is jsanderson@cap.gov and thats where it went.

Perhaps there's a staff list that can be viewed that may have something other on it.

That thing took about 6 hours to make, and a figure at least a couple of trees.

It was worth it though.

DNall

staff directory is on eservices

Capt Rivera

a2capt, any luck with national?
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

Al Sayre

Why not just order some on the Form 8 utility from NHQ?
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

arajca

The Form 23 is not available through that utility.

BillB

CAPF 23 is listed under forms and publications if that's what you are looking for.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

SarDragon

It is in the forms list (Index 0-9), but it is no longer available on the online Form 8 application.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret