Main Menu

Back in the Day!?!?!

Started by mmouw, April 20, 2008, 11:01:51 PM

mmouw

How many of you out there have been told that CAP has to do this, or wear this, or can't do this because of what someone did back in the day? Does this stuff really happen anymore? I know that we are a large group in CAP, and have some people that might be a little...different, but that is true in any large numbered group.

So I ask you all, has anyone out there had any major issues that would bring disgrace by an adult member on CAP recently? If not then why are we still hearing that same story when it comes to uniforms, etc?
Mike Mouw
Commander, Iowa Wing

Stonewall

By "recently", do you mean in the last year or two?  Like, let's say, cheating on an AFAIDL test?  Or a squadron commander and his deputy working together to promote a son from SSgt to 2d Lt (get him his Mitchell) before he heads off to college 2 months later?  Because the latter happened some time ago, like 2000.
Serving since 1987.

mikeylikey

OR the CAP member that pretended to be an AF Major, and walked off Andrews and Aberdeen Proving Grounds with weapons and ammo and vehicles.  When questioned by the FBI, he said "I promote myself through AF professional development courses afforded me by my CAP membership, and I walked into MCSS and bought everything I needed with my CAP ID".  That was 1999. 

Do you want something further back?

I can go back to 1996/1997 and bring back up instances where CAP Senior Members gave alcohol to Cadets.  I can also recall Sexual situations that arose between Cadets and Senior Members.

My memory is a little fuzzy of anything that happened before 1990, as I had no idea what CAP was back then. 
What's up monkeys?

Stonewall

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 20, 2008, 11:56:54 PM
OR the CAP member that pretended to be an AF Major, and walked off Andrews and Aberdeen Proving Grounds with weapons and ammo and vehicles.  When questioned by the FBI, he said "I promote myself through AF professional development courses afforded me by my CAP membership, and I walked into MCSS and bought everything I needed with my CAP ID".  That was 1999. 

I was just on google looking for that one.

The problem is, when people screw up in CAP, the repercussions last a long time.  Like when some CAP member threw some stars on their shoulder and demanded the use of an O-Club for a wedding <<<----correct me if my story isn't accurate.
Serving since 1987.

sarmed1

Quotetechnically Mr Klotz was not a current member of CAP at the time of the incident that lead to his arrest. (but just barely) This was also BITD before the CAC card....he had a red reserve ID card (it was a forgery I believe, you know the one where you just pasted the picture under the lamination) he was also a DoD civilian employee at Ft Mead (the location the vehicles and weapons came from)....

There was an incident in Broward County 2 years ago where two CAP members were pulled over in their POV...decked out as LEO's... both actually had airsoft weapons, one clamied to be AFSOI until the real cops got a hold of them...if I remember correctly it was even called into question weather or not he was really a member of the Air National Guard as he perputrated to his fellow squadron members.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

mikeylikey

Quote from: sarmed1 on April 21, 2008, 12:27:18 AM
Quotetechnically Mr Klotz was not a current member of CAP at the time of the incident that lead to his arrest. (but just barely) This was also BITD before the CAC card....he had a red reserve ID card (it was a forgery I believe, you know the one where you just pasted the picture under the lamination) he was also a DOD civilian employee at Ft Mead (the location the vehicles and weapons came from)....

There was an incident in Broward County 2 years ago where two CAP members were pulled over in their POV...decked out as LEO's... both actually had airsoft weapons, one claimed to be AFSOI until the real cops got a hold of them...if I remember correctly it was even called into question weather or not he was really a member of the Air National Guard as he perputrated to his fellow squadron members.

mk

Yikes.  That would = some jail time?  Especially after 9/11 I think it would equal years now.  Jeff Klotz got 6 months.  I think he would still be serving if he would have pulled that crap post 9/11.  He may even have found himself living at a certain naval base in Cuba!

He also took ammo from the PA NG, and the Federal Garrison at Fort Indiantown GAP PA. 

He did this for like 6 years in a row!  However, I will say he was one of the most awesome Air Force Officers I have ever met, even though he really wasn't an Air Force Officer.   ;D
What's up monkeys?

sarmed1

Yeah it was funny how everyone wanted to be Jeffs buddy, then sudenly once he turned out to be a phony people couldnt remember meeting him except in passing.  Serious backpedling......

He was perfect proof that if you represent yourself well and talk the right talk and sound legit you can get pretty much whatever you need out of most people.....thankfull he was doing it to help out CAP and had no nfarious purpous (I think that is why he got off so easy...)I think the only official charge had to do with lying to officials or some thing easy

mk

mikeylikey

^ He was charged with theft of US Property (the ammo he took from the GAP) and a with impersonating a military officer.  There were other charges, but he was offered a deal. 

I will agree he did do a lot for CAP.  Both Maryland and Pennsylvania Wings.  He supported the PAWG Encampment for 6 straight years, twice a year (when PAWG had two separate ENC's). 

I met him when he was an "AF Captain" and was there the summer he was "promoted" to Major. Much shock when he was dragged out by the FBI in front of everyone. 
What's up monkeys?

sarmed1

...my ex at the time was just going AD AF...she was like he seems way to young to be being promoted to Major.....seems she was accurate....

I think the Army/AF pushed a lot under the carpet, bad press on the how easy it was for this guy to just say the right words and walk off with but loads of automtic weapons, on numerouos occasions and no one raise an eyebrow.  If I recall the only reason anyone even took notice was because the Republican nominating convention was in Philly that week and an internal memo went out for being on the look out for anything suspicious as possible 'terrorist" activity in relation to the convention.....GO Guard!!!!....otherwise I imgaine he would have continued his masquerede for a number of years.

mk

♠SARKID♠

QuoteHow many of you out there have been told that CAP has to do this, or wear this, or can't do this because of what someone did back in the day?

How bout the Texas cadet who decided to use his CAP training to "rappel" from an overpass, injured himself, and filed negligence charges against CAP bringing down the wrath of the current roping regulations?

Cecil DP

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on April 21, 2008, 06:45:52 AM
QuoteHow many of you out there have been told that CAP has to do this, or wear this, or can't do this because of what someone did back in the day?

How bout the Texas cadet who decided to use his CAP training to "rappel" from an overpass, injured himself, and filed negligence charges against CAP bringing down the wrath of the current roping regulations?

Or the Texas Cadet who had his Spaatz Award rescinded when he was convicted of killing his girlfriend.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Cecil DP on April 21, 2008, 07:03:45 AM

Or the Texas Cadet who had his Spaatz Award rescinded when he was convicted of killing his girlfriend.

And then had a made for TV movie made about him.

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Stonewall on April 20, 2008, 11:23:18 PM
Or a squadron commander and his deputy working together to promote a son from SSgt to 2d Lt (get him his Mitchell) before he heads off to college 2 months later?  Because the latter happened some time ago, like 2000.

I can think of a story like that MUCH more recent than that along the same guidelines....

JohnKachenmeister

Or the former Texas cadet who murdered a President?  (Are we seeing a pattern here?)
Another former CAP officer

mikeylikey

^ Go TEXAS!  Woo-Hoo!!!!!
What's up monkeys?

Johnny Yuma

Y'all are giving me a headache.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

Eclipse

How about this rocket scientist:

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/cac/pressroom/pr2005/028.html

"...The evidence at trial showed that on June 28, 2002, Davis attempted to board an airplane at Ontario International Airport with a concealed loaded handgun. Prior to boarding the plane, Davis filled out and signed a "Notice to Armed Individuals" form in which he falsely represented that he was authorized by the United States Customs Service to fly armed and that he met all the FAA regulations in order to fly armed. After telling the crew that he was an "air marshal," a suspicious pilot questioned Davis, who eventually produced identification issued by the Civil Air Patrol, a volunteer agency whose members are not law enforcement officers..."

"That Others May Zoom"

addo1

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 21, 2008, 02:04:41 PM
^ Go TEXAS!  Woo-Hoo!!!!!

The One and Only Lone Star State!!!
Quote from: mikeylikey on April 21, 2008, 02:23:10 PM
Quote from: Johnny Yuma on April 21, 2008, 02:05:21 PM
Y'all are giving me a headache.

Your not in Texas are you??

Nah, he couldn't be from Texas, lol.  ;D
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

O-Rex

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on April 21, 2008, 07:22:13 AM

And then had a made for TV movie made about him.

I noticed that (mercifully) the plot synopsis is empty. . . . . .