Main Menu

Back in the Day!?!?!

Started by mmouw, April 20, 2008, 11:01:51 PM

CASH172

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on April 21, 2008, 01:29:28 PM
Quote from: Cecil DP on April 21, 2008, 07:03:45 AM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on April 21, 2008, 06:45:52 AM
QuoteHow many of you out there have been told that CAP has to do this, or wear this, or can't do this because of what someone did back in the day?

How bout the Texas cadet who decided to use his CAP training to "rappel" from an overpass, injured himself, and filed negligence charges against CAP bringing down the wrath of the current roping regulations?

Or the Texas Cadet who had his Spaatz Award rescinded when he was convicted of killing his girlfriend.

Or the former Texas cadet who murdered a President?  (Are we seeing a pattern here?)

If I remember correctly, he was from LA Wing CAP.

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 21, 2008, 02:23:10 PM
Quote from: Johnny Yuma on April 21, 2008, 02:05:21 PM
Y'all are giving me a headache.

Your not in Texas are you??

No, but Y'all are still giving me  a headache :(
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Cecil DP

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on April 21, 2008, 01:29:28 PM
Quote from: Cecil DP on April 21, 2008, 07:03:45 AM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on April 21, 2008, 06:45:52 AM
QuoteHow many of you out there have been told that CAP has to do this, or wear this, or can't do this because of what someone did back in the day?

How bout the Texas cadet who decided to use his CAP training to "rappel" from an overpass, injured himself, and filed negligence charges against CAP bringing down the wrath of the current roping regulations?

Or the Texas Cadet who had his Spaatz Award rescinded when he was convicted of killing his girlfriend.

Or the former Texas cadet who murdered a President?  (Are we seeing a pattern here?)

Of course a former Chairman of the National Board owned the Texas Book Depository at the time.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

SarDragon

Quote from: CASH172 on April 22, 2008, 12:29:36 AMIf I remember correctly, he was from LA Wing CAP.

You do not. He was from Texas.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CASH172

Quote from: SarDragon on April 22, 2008, 03:47:10 AM
Quote from: CASH172 on April 22, 2008, 12:29:36 AMIf I remember correctly, he was from LA Wing CAP.

He might've been from Texas, but:

QuoteWhile he lived in New Orleans, Oswald became a member of the Civil Air
Patrol there.  He had joined the student aviation organization at the
age of 15 and attended CAP meetings for an unknown period of trine,
generally believed to have been relatively brief. 
From http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/cap.txt

SarDragon

Quote from: CASH172 on April 22, 2008, 04:00:26 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on April 22, 2008, 03:47:10 AM

He might've been from Texas, but:

QuoteWhile he lived in New Orleans, Oswald became a member of the Civil Air
Patrol there.  He had joined the student aviation organization at the
age of 15 and attended CAP meetings for an unknown period of trine,
generally believed to have been relatively brief. 
From http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/cap.txt

You were unclear. The post prior to yours had emphasis on Texas members, and I was looking at Graham, not Oswald. Be more specific next time.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret