Main Menu

The Coin Thread

Started by Stonewall, August 30, 2007, 05:08:47 AM

Fifinella

Quote from: Nukem on February 07, 2008, 09:03:38 PM
Quote from: Nukem on February 07, 2008, 08:03:57 PM
I only have 2 of the 2 tones left, then I have 30 of the shiny silver. And I do check quals in e-services.

**UPDATE** I only have the Shiny silver left.
D**m!  Missed it while I was busy writing award submissions for my squadron!  Anybody else got a two tone they're willing to part with?  :'( :'( :'(
[Fifinella has every qual but GBD, which she shall complete very shortly.]
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

pixelwonk

Quote from: SSgt Rudin on February 08, 2008, 05:38:26 AM

First sentence of the NCO's creed.

Nice creed.  it still looks pretentious on the coin. 
second layout shown has better visual balance of the ranks.

Opinions aside though, 'Good on ya'  for having them made.

Pace

Quote from: Fifinella on February 08, 2008, 05:55:43 AM
Quote from: Nukem on February 07, 2008, 09:03:38 PM
Quote from: Nukem on February 07, 2008, 08:03:57 PM
I only have 2 of the 2 tones left, then I have 30 of the shiny silver. And I do check quals in e-services.

**UPDATE** I only have the Shiny silver left.
D**m!  Missed it while I was busy writing award submissions for my squadron!  Anybody else got a two tone they're willing to part with?  :'( :'( :'(
[Fifinella has every qual but GBD, which she shall complete very shortly.]
There were only 15 two-tones produced, and that's the one variant of the coin that I absolutely don't want produced again.  Even if more are produced (with enough arm twisting from specific individuals), two-tones are the ones I personally give out for the highest merit.
Lt Col, CAP

James Shaw

Here are the coins for the MOVA.

Silver coins for BMV or SMV recipients only. Rear of coin allows name to be engraved if they wish. Name will be compared to list of recipients.

Bronze coin will be for supporting members or honorary members.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Flying Pig

^Now that is Su-weeeeeeeet.

L to R

1st Special Forces Group-Intelligence (Its my wife's)
Marine Corps Security Forces Company - Yorktown Va.
Fresno County Sheriff
1st Battalion 6th Marines
Marine Corps Military Police
LAPD Air Support Unit

Flying Pig

By Stonewall
One day when I'm rich, I'll do it the right way.

What!?  You were the body guard for the President of the World Bank!  Don't tell me you don't have some off shore account somewhere! ;D

ddelaney103

Considering the "career path" of a CAP Cadet, shouldn't the motto of the C/NCO's be either "and this too shall pass" or "up or out?"

IceNine

What the engrave able area for?

Could be a decent idea to suggest that it be used for the Mitchell number as a signal of the passing of NCO'ship... Maybe?
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

♠SARKID♠

Left is from the 332 Expeditionary Medical Group, given to me by a friend of my mom's in the ArmyNG.  The writing got rubbed of of the shield - I forgot I had it in my pocket and my keys did hell on it.

Right is from the CRTC training center at Volk Field, WI.  Just picked it up there a couple weekends ago.

Sorry for the bad quality

A.Member

Discovered this thread during an unrelated search.  So, I thought I'd pull out the paddles and try to bring this back to life temporarily because....well....why, not?!

An old proof photo from our squadron coin:

Have a few other meaningful ones and will try to get photos and post later.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

a2capt

Not nearly as extensive or impressive ..
[smg id=273]
[smg id=274]
CAWG 2002 - GET LAMP - My unit
Nellis AFB (RSC) - Red Flag Visit

♠SARKID♠

Funny, my coin collection has more than quadrupled since two posts ago  ;D

From left to right:  AFBlues.com Badger Ops coin, AFBlues.com Sgt Chris Frost Memorial Coin, a gift from some German "exchange soldiers", 332 Expeditionary Medical Group, Volk Field CRTC/ANGB, Airshowbuzz.com Horsemen Coin, Camp Ripley Minnesota base coin, CAP 60th Anniv. coin, and a coin given to me by the DNR for my time as a hunter safety instructor.

Chappie

I have 29 coins that have been presented to me --- the crown jewel is the coin from the USAF Chief of Chaplain Service - Ch, Maj Gen Lorraine K. Potter (now retired), from National/Region/Wing Commanders, USAF Chaplains, etc. and for participating in events.  I have 23 coins that I have purchased at bases where I have attended events or commemorative events.

Here is the proof of my coin (the actual coin has deeper blue and red)-- shortly after having the coin minted, there was a name change from Chaplain Service to Chaplain Corps.  It was easier and less expensive to fix patches than the coins, so I will have to live with this for the remainder of my tenure:

Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

manfredvonrichthofen

http://challengecoinusa.myshopify.com/products/navy-challenge-coin-navy-sealmike-monsoor-memorial-coin
I do not have this coin, I want it as as MA2 Mike Monsoor was a friend of mine, we served in Iraq together.
(Just wanted to share this as it is the coolest coin in all existence!!!)

NCRblues

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on October 22, 2010, 04:12:33 AM

From left to right:  AFBlues.com Badger Ops coin, AFBlues.com Sgt Chris Frost Memorial Coin, a gift from some German "exchange soldiers", 332 Expeditionary Medical Group, Volk Field CRTC/ANGB, Airshowbuzz.com Horsemen Coin, Camp Ripley Minnesota base coin, CAP 60th Anniv. coin, and a coin given to me by the DNR for my time as a hunter safety instructor.

332nd EMG huh? Red Tail Medics, "busting ours, to save yours".... I was assigned to that units protective detail at Balad... I have the chiefs award of excellence coin.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: NCRblues on October 22, 2010, 05:56:50 AM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on October 22, 2010, 04:12:33 AM

332nd EMG huh? Red Tail Medics, "busting ours, to save yours".... I was assigned to that units protective detail at Balad... I have the chiefs award of excellence coin.

My mom works at a hospital with one of the soldiers from the unit.  She heard I was in CAP and sent the coin over, though I've never met her in person.

Walkman

I'm in the middle of a project with challenge coins. Since I've a number of friends and family that have or currently are serving in the RM, I'm building a coin display to honor them. I'm collecting a coin for each person. Some I've been given specifically for this project (mostly unit coins) from them, some I've bought. I'm getting one of those wooden display racks and I'll be making an engraved nameplate for each coin with the person's name and service branch below. When I'm done it will hang on the wall next to my most cherished bit of family military memorabilia: the prop from the WWII Navy training plane my grandfather crashed. I'll post some pics when it's all set up.

Майор Хаткевич

I carry these two:

One is circa 2006, the other from 1846.

SarDragon

You really ought to put the olde one in a plastic case, or it will wear away to nothing. The wear from carrying it in your pocket is accelerated from the constant rubbing against other coins.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: SarDragon on October 29, 2010, 04:06:03 AM
You really ought to put the olde one in a plastic case, or it will wear away to nothing. The wear from carrying it in your pocket is accelerated from the constant rubbing against other coins.

The penny does have a plastic sleeve, I just took it out for the photo. It's actually in mid-range condition, but it was hard to get it in the shot with the Challenge coin. My Coin Collection is huge, with a few thousand coins. My Challenge Coin collection has about 10 coins.