National Board Live Video Feed

Started by JC004, August 09, 2007, 04:48:54 AM

LtCol White

Quote from: Wildblueflyer on August 10, 2007, 01:48:27 PM
It's premature to put all our trust into BG Courter.  I, for one, will wait for a proven track record.  Sure, I'll give her a chance, but I'm not blindly following someone because I feel betrayal form others.

No one said anything about blindly following. I'm talking about her confidence and professionalism. You have to support and trust our leadership UNTIL they give you a reason not to do so. To be skeptical of anyone, because of someone else's actions and without good reason, isn't giving the person the fair shake and support they deserve.

I think she will fix the relationship with USAF and I believe they will feel very comfortable with her if she is named NCC
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

LeoBurke

Let me share some thoughts about BG Amy Courter. 

First of all, I have known her since she was 2LT Amy Courter. 

She was an extremely successful executive for a large firm, where she was the CIO (Chief Information Officer).  That success gave her the strong leadership, drive and professionalism that you are only starting to see at this board meeting.  It also allows her the financial freedom to attend CAP functions 25-35 weeks a year.  (She still works as an executive consultant) Success has also given her confidence, but unlike TP, she is a person who will build consensus when she can, but make decisions when she has to.  Don't expect to see a letter a week from her restating a National Reg, like Pineda.  She will work through the more conventional means.  (I'd point to her handling of the "CAP Ethics Letter" issue.  She could have slammed TP, and let him be embarassed, instead she took the high road and tabled it.  Very Classy.)

Ask anyone who has met her or worked with her about her professionalism and character.  It is impeccable.  She does have a bit of a temper, when you push her, but you'll never see or hear a screaming rant like others will do.  Even when Tony and his disgusting, immoral and unethical minions tried to assassinate her character, she never wavered or sunk to their level. 

Most of the National Board has seen her performance behind the scenes, now the rest of you got to see it on the video (when it worked). 

After one NBB with her in charge, I'd be surprised if the NBB ever wants to go back to Antonio Jesus Pineda. 

Leo Burke

PS - I still like her and Amy has fired me three times. 

Leo Burke, Michigan

/\/\/\   The Spaatz award is over-rated.  Get yours and prove it.  It's Half the
\/\/\/   Mitchell, Half the Earhart, write a paragraph and run around the block!

Psicorp

So maybe this whole "More than meets the skies" thing is actually a statement.

Courter Prime:  This is the end of the road, Pinedatron!  One shall stand, one shall fall.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

JC004

Quote from: Psicorp on August 10, 2007, 02:26:53 PM
So maybe this whole "More than meets the skies" thing is actually a statement.

Courter Prime:  This is the end of the road, Pinedatron!  One shall stand, one shall fall.

lmao   ;D

TankerT

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

LtCol White

whoever is doing the sound should be killed
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Tubacap

Maybe a black van flew through and muted all the mics  >:D
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

JC004

RiverAux

Maybe we need to institute a lip-reading training program just in case at some point we have a mission where a pilot is trapped inside his soundproof plane and we have to read his lips to figure out how to get him out  >:D

JC004

MIKE

Didn't 52-16 say you weren't to do milestone presentations at national conferences.  Or did they change that?
Mike Johnston

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

LtCol White

OK, now the video AND the sound guy needs to be killed
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Tubacap

Naturally, the Town Hall meeting was what I was looking forward to the most.  Courtier said it was not going to be streamed.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

RiverAux

Thats just bogus.  Unless there is an OPSEC issue invovled, they should be streaming everything!

Skyray

Quote from: RiverAux on August 10, 2007, 02:59:17 PM
Thats just bogus.  Unless there is an OPSEC issue invovled, they should be streaming everything!

Several people on here have commented what a class act Brigadier General Courter is.  I suspect that since there is so much going on, and a "town meeting" by defintion has an uncontrolled agenda, she elected not to chance an attack on the "investigatee" on National Television.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

LtCol White

Quote from: Skyray on August 10, 2007, 03:06:05 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on August 10, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Several people on here have commented what a class act Brigadier General Courter is.  I suspect that since there is so much going on, and a "town meeting" by defintion has an uncontrolled agenda, she elected not to chance an attack on the "investigatee" on National Television.

I think that is a wise decision on her part. Although I would like to have seen the meeting I understand the reasoning.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

RiverAux

Internal politics is ok. Internal politics hidden behind a cloak of secrecy is not.

LtCol White

Well since the meeting is open to all attendees, I don't consider that a cloak of secrecy. Its just not being webcasted so  its still public
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

BlackKnight

Quote from: MIKE on August 10, 2007, 02:49:15 PM
Didn't 52-16 say you weren't to do milestone presentations at national conferences.  Or did they change that?

I can't find any restriction to that effect in either the current or previous version of CAPR 52-16.  Remember however that while CAP regulations are hard and fast procedures for those of us at the unit level, the NB generally interprets them as 'suggestions'.   ;D  ;D
Phil Boylan, Maj, CAP
DCS, Rome Composite Sqdn - GA043
http://www.romecap.org/