National Board Live Video Feed

Started by JC004, August 09, 2007, 04:48:54 AM

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JC004

Major Carrales

Quote from: RiverAux on August 09, 2007, 08:52:52 PM
Hmm, I didn't see anything in the presentation about the US Civil Air Patrol... maybe some of our folks who were at the PAO Academy can tell us how that issue was approached in the actual branding plan?

We focused more on "how to get the information out" ranging from Unit Public Affairs to the role of the Information Officer in Critical information situations.

This issue was not addressed...although the materials refer to the US Civil Air Patrol.  It really wasn't the time or place to have that discussion.  I wasn't gonna get into it unless it was raised.  

Now, the branding and marketing plan is set and these issues will be raised.  The time to bring it up is today and tomorrow by a Wing or Region Commander...not by a room full of PAOs who's focus for the Academy was more of operational exercise of Public Affairs instead of such a policy identifier.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

MIKE

Mike Johnston

winterg

What are the general thoughts on an enlisted senior member progression?

BillB

I don't see how 16 GA-8's with Archer can do the missions they talk about. That's two per region and they want the Task Force crews within two hours driving of the GA-8 base?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

BillB

I think promotions for CAP NCOs is a good idea. If the officers can promote, why not the NCOs? Just because you were an E6 in the military, why should you be locked into that grade in CAP?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

MIKE

The idea needs more time to mature.
Mike Johnston

winterg

I don't think it needs to be that difficult.  Keep the same progression we have now and adjust the ranks.  2LT = SSgt, 1LT = TSgt, CPT = MSgt, MAJ - SMSgt, LTCOL = CMSgt, COL = Command CMSGT.

I know many senior members officers who would feel more comfortable with enlisted stripes on.  Much of what we do is more in-line with enlisted occupations as well.  We don't actually make officers in CAP anyway.  Mostly just throw a uniform at someone and say, "Congrats, you're a Lieutenant!"

I know it's more complicated than that but I believe we need to seriously look at it.

Wildblueflyer

Was there any more info on flight training for senior members? ??

MIKE

Other than they don't want to do it?
Mike Johnston

LtCol White

So whats on the agenda for tomorrow?
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Wildblueflyer

Quote from: MIKE on August 09, 2007, 09:50:22 PM

So that's it??  They bring it up (senior member flight training) only to quash it?  Nice...

SeattleSarge

Quote from: BillB on August 09, 2007, 09:28:56 PM
I think promotions for CAP NCOs is a good idea. If the officers can promote, why not the NCOs? Just because you were an E6 in the military, why should you be locked into that grade in CAP?

CMSgt Chiafos has been working on this program for almost a year now.  His study group document was circulated to many CAP NCOs and SNCOs last May.

Chief Chaifos program is comprehensive and based on performance and professional development training. 

If the organization wants to attract and retain former military NCOs, the National Board needs to step up to the plate.

Opinion selector to SAFE....

-SeattleSarge
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org

LtCol White

Quote from: SeattleSarge on August 09, 2007, 10:16:33 PM
Quote from: BillB on August 09, 2007, 09:28:56 PM

CMSgt Chiafos has been working on this program for almost a year now.  His study group document was circulated to many CAP NCOs and SNCOs last May.

Chief Chaifos program is comprehensive and based on performance and professional development training. 

If the organization wants to attract and retain former military NCOs, the National Board needs to step up to the plate.

Opinion selector to SAFE....

-SeattleSarge

I think this is an excellent idea and I hope it moves forward as it should
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

JC004

Quote from: Wildblueflyer on August 09, 2007, 10:07:21 PM
Quote from: MIKE on August 09, 2007, 09:50:22 PM

So that's it??  They bring it up (senior member flight training) only to quash it?  Nice...

well because it's been an on-going item for a while...this seemed like the final report on why it was a bad idea

Major Carrales

I'm a big supporter of the Chief's plan, I regret that I could not stay longer in Atlanta and discuss how I might help or best lend support to the idea.

As for the "promoting" of NCOs.  I have a members of my unit who was real interested in it, but accepted 2d Lt bars because the prospec tof never promoting was not to his liking.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

shorning

Seems like he missed out soliciting input from some of us.  Not all NCOs in CAP are CAP NCOs...

SeattleSarge

Quote from: shorning on August 09, 2007, 10:29:51 PM

Seems like he missed out soliciting input from some of us.  Not all NCOs in CAP are CAP NCOs...

I'm sure the idea was to use a small working group, so he could quickly refine the plan for the meeting today. 

We all know there are many prior service NCOs in squadron, wing, region, and national leadership positions.

-SeattleSarge
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org

Major Carrales

Quote from: shorning on August 09, 2007, 10:29:51 PM

He did make an "all call," even posted here.  I'm not an NCO, but I replied offering all I could do...even set him up with some NCOs for input.

As I recall, his message was "smacked" down and seen through the "This is one of Tony's Cronies" and turned him completely off to CAPTALK.  It's never too late...

e-mail via PM

Commander
SWR-TX-454