Silver on Blue AFSC badges?

Started by Dad2-4, June 06, 2020, 03:15:14 PM

Dad2-4

Back when I found white on ultramarine USAF AFSC badges for my uniform. Does anyone know of a source for them in silver on navy blue?

Abby.L

Keep in mind that 39-1 also allows for "subdued," (IE, Dark blue on Sage as available for AF ABU, dark blue on OD for BDU) military badges, if you cannot find them in standard CAP colors. I personally have subdued on my BDUs, of which I've gotten zero flack for, if that's a concern.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

PHall

Quote from: Levi Lockling on June 09, 2020, 04:31:56 AMKeep in mind that 39-1 also allows for "subdued," (IE, Dark blue on Sage as available for AF ABU, dark blue on OD for BDU) military badges, if you cannot find them in standard CAP colors. I personally have subdued on my BDUs, of which I've gotten zero flack for, if that's a concern.

While it may be legal it still looks like crap.

Abby.L

Quote from: PHall on June 09, 2020, 04:43:15 PM
Quote from: Levi Lockling on June 09, 2020, 04:31:56 AMKeep in mind that 39-1 also allows for "subdued," (IE, Dark blue on Sage as available for AF ABU, dark blue on OD for BDU) military badges, if you cannot find them in standard CAP colors. I personally have subdued on my BDUs, of which I've gotten zero flack for, if that's a concern.

While it may be legal it still looks like crap.
Still legal. 🤷‍♀️

You can tell it's legal because the way it is.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Shuman 14

https://store.1800nametape.com/

I highly recommend them. Their embroidery is spot on, sharp and they do custom work. Minimum order on custom stuff seems to be two, if semi-standard.

For example if you need a standard badge but in an odd ball color, their looms print two badges at a time so it costs more to unhook the second needle then to load the double thread cartridge.

They carry all USAF Badges so they "should" have an AFSC Badge preprogramed and silver on blue would be colors they already have so you should have no issues.

I've been using them since before the internet when they were just an 800 number to order nametapes from, back when nametapes were still "printed" in the Army for BDUs.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

NIN

I have used them quite a bit as well. I used to get my white on ultramarine Army aviation badge from them. I will echo that their services top notch and their embroidery is spot on. and if you need something done that's not necessarily on their website just call them. I have talked to the owner many times directly and he is incredibly agreeable.

Keep in mind that their dark blue color is "midnight blue" and is darker than CAP/Vanguard's Dark Navy.

The difference is pretty small and in normal light you wouldn't even notice but get out in bright sunlight and it is a little obvious if you look close.

Kind of like the new style tactical polo shirt is so dark blue it is almost black.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Okayish Aviator

Quote from: NIN on June 12, 2020, 08:57:17 PMI have used them quite a bit as well. I used to get my white on ultramarine Army aviation badge from them. I will echo that their services top notch and their embroidery is spot on. and if you need something done that's not necessarily on their website just call them. I have talked to the owner many times directly and he is incredibly agreeable.

Keep in mind that their dark blue color is "midnight blue" and is darker than CAP/Vanguard's Dark Navy.

The difference is pretty small and in normal light you wouldn't even notice but get out in bright sunlight and it is a little obvious if you look close.

Kind of like the new style tactical polo shirt is so dark blue it is almost black.

To be fair to that though, a little time in the sun and they match pretty well. I would replace my rank on my cover but I'm pending promotion so there's no point. I noticed the other day it looks almost grey! That's what I get for leaving it on the dash of my Jeep.
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

Dad2-4

I contacted 1800nametags and they sounded like it would be a lot of hassel to make them for me.

Shuman 14

Quote from: Dad2-4 on June 17, 2020, 12:49:28 AMI contacted 1800nametags and they sounded like it would be a lot of hassel to make them for me.

Really? I'm shocked to hear that. I used them for two different semi-custom orders just last year and had no trouble at all.

Perhaps its the limited staffing due to COVID-19, lots of manufacturing and production slow downs because of that.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Stonewall

I know Nick from Texas Wing had the Air Force Senior Security Forces function (AFSC) badge made by Kel-Lac near Lackland AFB a few years ago (2016) and it looks pretty good. I don't believe they advertise it, but he gave them a description and the did it up right nice.

Serving since 1987.

farsightusf2017

Anyone know if they do Navy gold on blue as well?

SarDragon

Quote from: farsightusf2017 on July 07, 2020, 04:11:49 PMAnyone know if they do Navy gold on blue as well?

If it's a Navy insignia, probably. Just make sure it's something you are allowed to wear on a CAP uniform in the first place.

If it's a CAP insignia in Navy colors, probably not. Why would you want that, anyway?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Okayish Aviator

Quote from: SarDragon on July 07, 2020, 08:24:33 PM
Quote from: farsightusf2017 on July 07, 2020, 04:11:49 PMAnyone know if they do Navy gold on blue as well?

If it's a Navy insignia, probably. Just make sure it's something you are allowed to wear on a CAP uniform in the first place.

If it's a CAP insignia in Navy colors, probably not. Why would you want that, anyway?

Probably meant items like USN wings, SEAL badge, Sub badge or others that are all gold.

PHall

Quote from: DocJekyll on July 07, 2020, 08:58:02 PM

Probably meant items like USN wings, SEAL badge, Sub badge or others that are all gold.

You do know that SarDragon is retired Navy, right?

farsightusf2017

Quote from: PHall on July 07, 2020, 09:50:06 PM

Yes trying to get Navy insignia in Gold... and yes I know it's authorized I'm active Navy I understand how to read regulations.

Okayish Aviator

Quote from: farsightusf2017 on July 08, 2020, 01:45:12 AM

Yes trying to get Navy insignia in Gold... and yes I know it's authorized I'm active Navy I understand how to read regulations.

Man... when my sarcasm is so deep everyone thinks I'm actually stupid. I better work on that or something.

PHall

Quote from: DocJekyll on July 08, 2020, 01:47:25 AM

Man... when my sarcasm is so deep everyone thinks I'm actually stupid. I better work on that or something.

Well considering how badly sarcasm comes across on a text only platform unless you give us all a clue or two, i.e. an emoji or even a [sarcasm]...

Okayish Aviator

Quote from: PHall on July 08, 2020, 01:50:41 AM
Quote from: DocJekyll on July 08, 2020, 01:47:25 AM

Well considering how badly sarcasm comes across on a text only platform unless you give us all a clue or two, i.e. an emoji or even a [sarcasm]...

Swing and a miss. Wanna try to hit the point I was making again?

supertigerCH

Quote from: Okayish Aviator on July 08, 2020, 01:47:25 AM

Okayish Aviator... I'm an old long-range patrol / aircraft rider & ground pounder... and I have the same problem. I'm much too sarcastic for my own good.  sometimes online it tends to blow up in your face.  no worries, just pick up dust off... and carry on.  as long as you're good of heart & solid of character, people will begin to notice over time. 

i suppose as long as we all keep on posting, we all will figure out what we are all talking about... eventually