August 09, 2020, 10:36:16 am

CAPR 39-1, 5 March 2020

Started by NIN, March 05, 2020, 08:39:44 pm

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CaptainKim

Quote from: ßτε on March 06, 2020, 05:50:07 am
Quote1.4.2. Adult individuals without Grade pursuing NCO promotions will wear the USAF-style uniform (except Mess Dress, which is not authorized for individuals without grade) and Corporate uniforms as for NCOs without wearing any grade insignia.

1.4.2.1. USAF-style Uniforms. With the Service Dress Uniform (Class A), these individuals will wear the service coat without epaulets, flight cap with blue braid, and CAP collar insignia. With the Blue Service Uniform (Class B), these individuals will wear the flight cap with blue braid. On the Battle Dress Uniform, these individuals will wear no insignia. These individuals will not wear Mess Dress
What about ABUs?

Probably the embroidered CAP lettering, like with the BDUs. They should have clarified that, though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fester

Quote from: jeders on March 05, 2020, 10:49:56 pmAlso, the CWU (polo) is again listed as being equivalent to the AF-style service uniforms. So the polo really is the only uniform many senior members need, practically speaking.

Except.....

"1.2.3. Minimum Corporate-style Uniform: The minimum basic CAP Corporate-style uniform is the
Aviator Shirt Uniform with short sleeve shirt or blouse as appropriate."
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

NIN

Quote from: Fester on March 06, 2020, 03:54:23 amAnyone taking bets on whether this will be the longest CT thread in 5 years?  I've got $20.
The original ABU thread was pretty long
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
Nothing posted on CAPTalk should be considered policy unless otherwise stated
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2020 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

GZCP31

Another Inconsistency:
4.1.7. Men's Service Dress Uniform (Class A) Old Style (Figure 4.6) worn by cadets only. This uniform will be phased out 01 August 2020
4.1.10. Women's USAF Style Service Dress Uniform (Class A) Old Style. (Figure 4.7b). This uniform will be phased out 01 August 2020. This USAF-style uniform may only be worn by cadets.

Then in the ATTACHMENT 9 - PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE PHASE OUT DATES FOR UNIFORM ITEMS Elimination of the old-style USAF service coat for cadets. 01 August 2021

When a Regulation and an attachment to the Regulation are inconsistent, the Regulation is what I would go by.

Former OK Wing DCL/DCA Mid 90s, Rejoined after 17 years out.
Capt. Communications-Master
Squadron Deputy Commander, Emergency Services Training Officer,  Professional Development Officer,  Administration Officer, Personnel Officer, Communications Officer and Aerospace Education Officer, Texas Wing DOU

jeders

Quote from: GZCP31 on March 06, 2020, 01:12:38 pmAnother Inconsistency:
4.1.7. Men's Service Dress Uniform (Class A) Old Style (Figure 4.6) worn by cadets only. This uniform will be phased out 01 August 2020
4.1.10. Women's USAF Style Service Dress Uniform (Class A) Old Style. (Figure 4.7b). This uniform will be phased out 01 August 2020. This USAF-style uniform may only be worn by cadets.

Then in the ATTACHMENT 9 - PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE PHASE OUT DATES FOR UNIFORM ITEMS Elimination of the old-style USAF service coat for cadets. 01 August 2021

When a Regulation and an attachment to the Regulation are inconsistent, the Regulation is what I would go by.



Except that there are other areas inside the regulation that also say 1 Aug '21. For now, I'm going with '21 until NHQ issues a statement clarifying this inconsistency.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

Quote from: GZCP31 on March 06, 2020, 01:12:38 pmWhen a Regulation and an attachment to the Regulation are inconsistent, the Regulation is what I would go by.

Because...reasons?

Those are clearly typos.



Xylathialus


  For Cadet Officer insignia, unlike SM Officer insignia, it simply says "sewn on the collar 1" from the front of the collar and centered".  The picture in Figure 5.2 shows Cadet Officer Grade Insignia at an angle compared to the bottom of the collar edge. Figure A5-6 shows Cadet Grade Insignia perpendicular to the edge of the collar.  Is it is supposed to be perpendicular (consistent with the other ranks)?

Okayish Aviator

Quote from: Fester on March 06, 2020, 03:54:23 amAnyone taking bets on whether this will be the longest CT thread in 5 years?  I've got $20.

That would be a fools bet my friend. B)
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.


GroundHawg

NASAR patches can't be worn on the CFU or CFDU?

Okayish Aviator

March 06, 2020, 05:25:37 pm #29 Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 05:28:44 pm by DocJekyll
One thing I noticed,

There is reference to the "Blue" cloth name patch with silver border, badge and name, but it doesn't reference which type of blue as it does in other sections for name tapes etc. So, what shade is it? Midnight/Dark Navy? Bright Blue? The regulation would seem to show with the picture that it's Midnight/Dark Navy just like the rank, but I recently saw someone from national with a bright blue name patch wearing his FDU.

I would have liked for them to use rank on the USAF style FDU that was sage/od on the background with full color rank. The Midnight/Dark Navy doesn't look that good on the USAF style. Looks great on the Corporate FDU though. There was no guideance for the rank on the shoulders with the cloth. 1/8in blue around the widest and top/bottom edge as per everywhere else? I think that needs to be addressed so we don't have massive patches with 1" border around the rank.

Also appears no phase out for the black leather name patch so that's still good. Just the plastic encased rank?
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.


Capt Thompson

Quote from: DocJekyll on March 06, 2020, 05:25:37 pmOne thing I noticed,

There is reference to the "Blue" cloth name patch with silver border, badge and name, but it doesn't reference which type of blue as it does in other sections for name tapes etc. So, what shade is it? Midnight/Dark Navy? Bright Blue? The regulation would seem to show with the picture that it's Midnight/Dark Navy just like the rank, but I recently saw someone from national with a bright blue name patch wearing his FDU.

I would have liked for them to use rank on the USAF style FDU that was sage/od on the background with full color rank. The Midnight/Dark Navy doesn't look that good on the USAF style. Looks great on the Corporate FDU though. There was no guideance for the rank on the shoulders with the cloth. 1/8in blue around the widest and top/bottom edge as per everywhere else? I think that needs to be addressed so we don't have massive patches with 1" border around the rank.

Also appears no phase out for the black leather name patch so that's still good. Just the plastic encased rank?

No phase out for the leather name badge, but it also says that if the leather badge is worn, the plastic encased must be worn, so once the plastic encased rank goes away so do the leather badges.
Capt Matt Thompson
Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

HandsomeWalt_USMC

Just ordered my blue cloth nametag! Very excited for the tattoo regs aligning with the AF. Sleeve time!
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"

Blanding

Quote from: DocJekyll on March 06, 2020, 05:25:37 pmAlso appears no phase out for the black leather name patch so that's still good. Just the plastic encased rank?

Check 8.2.4.1:
Quote from: undefinedThe black leather nametag will be phased out 1 August 2021.

It appears the black leather nametag can be worn on the CFDU after that date, but not on the FDU.

Capt Thompson

Quote from: HandsomeWalt_USMC on March 06, 2020, 05:31:55 pmJust ordered my blue cloth nametag! Very excited for the tattoo regs aligning with the AF. Sleeve time!

Where did you find the blue cloth nametag, I didn't see it at VG? Can you post a link?
Capt Matt Thompson
Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Eclipse

Quote from: Blanding on March 06, 2020, 05:35:15 pmIt appears the black leather nametag can be worn on the CFDU after that date, but not on the FDU.

Leather nametag is phased out Aug 2021 for all uniform combinations per last page.



HandsomeWalt_USMC

I didn't order from VG. I ordered one with gold Naval Aircrew wings on navy blue with silver name and border from Wings and Things in Pensacola. They've always taken great care of me. I'll order one with CAP AC wings from VG when I get rated.
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"

Okayish Aviator

Quote from: GroundHawg on March 06, 2020, 05:11:50 pmNASAR patches can't be worn on the CFU or CFDU?

10.9.23. National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR) Patch. May be worn by
graduates of the Search and Rescue School.
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.


sardak

Quote10.9.23. National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR) Patch. May be worn by
graduates of the Search and Rescue School.
NASAR doesn't have a "Search and Rescue School" and the "Inland Search and Rescue School, aka Class" has nothing to do with NASAR. You have to wonder who writes this stuff.

Mike

Eclipse

Quote from: HandsomeWalt_USMC on March 06, 2020, 06:00:47 pmI didn't order from VG. I ordered one with gold Naval Aircrew wings on navy blue with silver name and border from Wings and Things in Pensacola. They've always taken great care of me. I'll order one with CAP AC wings from VG when I get rated.

Presumably this is not for wear on a CAP uniform as no border is authorized.

See page 143...



Capt Thompson

Quote from: Eclipse on March 06, 2020, 07:00:55 pm
Quote from: HandsomeWalt_USMC on March 06, 2020, 06:00:47 pmI didn't order from VG. I ordered one with gold Naval Aircrew wings on navy blue with silver name and border from Wings and Things in Pensacola. They've always taken great care of me. I'll order one with CAP AC wings from VG when I get rated.

Presumably this is not for wear on a CAP uniform as no border is authorized.

See page 143...


8.2.4.1  A Blue cloth nametag with silver border and
lettering is authorized in place of the leather nametag, if cloth grade insignia as described above is worn.
Cloth nametag for Officers will include name (first and last) and may include one badge as described
above. No grade will be printed on the cloth nametag for officers.

If you look close at the image there is a border, it just blends with the white background.
Capt Matt Thompson
Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)