BDU/ABU: Single patch, which pocket?

Started by Damron, July 28, 2016, 04:10:55 PM

Meridius

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on August 03, 2016, 11:36:27 PM
Damron, why did you respond to me and not Meridius?

I answered Meridius who stated basically that "since the Ranger tabs are not worn ON the pocket but ABOVE the pocket, instructions do not apply."

Lawyers play tricks with those omissions and mistakes, and sometimes win!

So I answered Meridius.

Based on that logic, "since the ES patch is not worn ON the pocket but above, just like the Ranger tab, instructions do not apply."

I am fully aware what is the intention of NHQ. I have 15 years service, and can read through the sometimes obtuse formulation of regulations, manuals, and pamphlets!

^ ???

I would like to emphatically state that I will abide by the regulations.  With that said, I am really trying to highlight a very confusing and ambiguous set of instructions.  I have absolutely no idea what the intent of NHQ is by the instructions that were published.  I am not saying in anyway that the "instructions do not apply," actually the opposite.  By highlighting it on this forum, maybe someone in authority could "plainly" state the intention of NHQ.  I like the ABU with tapes, rank and qualification badges.  But, each iteration is seeing more patches added to the ABU and possibly more confusion.

If you are going to say "no Ranger tabs allowed on ABU," then plainly state it.  For example, the ABU wear instructions plainly states No Red Hats and why.  The way the wear instructions are stated makes it appear that 39-1 Attachment 8-3 does not apply "on the left breast pocket."  Unfortunately, Ranger tabs are listed in that attachment.   

Btw, I am a scientist, not an attorney.   

THRAWN

Quote from: sarmed1 on August 05, 2016, 12:46:32 PM
QuoteHey, why not? There was a wing in the NER (NY? PA?) that had some kind of "special operations" tab that they wore over a flightsuit patch that was a copy of a Navy "Phantom II" patch. I was flying with a former Phantom driver that day and he was far from amused....words were exchanged, fingers were pointed and I haven't seen that patch around since....nothing says "wannabe" more than stuff like this. As an organization, we have enough history and heritage that we don't need to adopt someone else's.

That was PA's "Counter Narcotics" flight crew patch back in the late 80's/90's.

http://civilairpatrolunitpatch.com/images/pa-so.jpg

MK

Yep. That's the one.

[fixed quote]
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023