Wear of CAP World War II Aviation Badge authorized

Started by disamuel, November 16, 2015, 05:55:37 PM

LSThiker

Quote from: JC004 on November 18, 2015, 04:59:21 AM
It's back to khaki for all of ya...  >:D >:D

If I can find a decent "original" khaki for little cost, I might actually wear the "heritage wings" on the uniform.  However, I do not think my wife would be happy with me purchasing those :(

JC004

Quote from: LSThiker on November 18, 2015, 05:10:55 AM
Quote from: JC004 on November 18, 2015, 04:59:21 AM
It's back to khaki for all of ya...  >:D >:D

If I can find a decent "original" khaki for little cost, I might actually wear the "heritage wings" on the uniform.  However, I do not think my wife would be happy with me purchasing those :(

They seriously don't make khakis like they used to.  What you can find in most any clothing store now is crap.  Except Bill's Khakis.  Made in Pennsylvania.  Shame they don't make WWII uniform style...

Luis R. Ramos

JC and Alaric...

Yeh sure!

Try landing a Cessna at an airport with what may look like a bomb under it... You'll have the local police on you. The Feds will be next!!!

:angel:
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on November 18, 2015, 08:21:08 PM
JC and Alaric...

Yeh sure!

Try landing a Cessna at an airport with what may look like a bomb under it... You'll have the local police on you. The Feds will be next!!!

And a one-way trip to Gitmo!  >:D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

winterg

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on November 18, 2015, 09:19:49 PM
JC and Alaric...

Yeh sure!

I saw Gitmo in that Harold and Kumar movie. It didn't look that bad. 

SkywalkerRA

Quote from: winterg on November 18, 2015, 09:20:52 PM
JC and Alaric...

Yeh sure!

Grab yourself some Cuban cigars and a mojito, you're set.

abdsp51

LSThiker

Quote from: abdsp51 on November 19, 2015, 01:43:51 AM
This has got to be a joke right?

You mean, you missed the election of our new National Commander Maj Gen Hernandez?

:)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: SkywalkerRA on November 18, 2015, 11:19:35 PM
Quote from: winterg on November 18, 2015, 09:20:52 PM
JC and Alaric...

Yeh sure!

Grab yourself some Cuban cigars and a mojito, you're set.

Will do! Off to Mexico in 6 days!

Гугл переводчик

Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

PhotogPilot

I'm sorry, I just don't see the problem here. Wear of the WWII wings is not mandatory, it's optional for one year. The wings cost $12.50. Don't like 'em? Don't buy em.  Don't put 'em on your uniform. Come on folks, is it really that big a freakin' deal? 

And please explain to me how $4000 out of a $39,000,000 budget is going to hurt our operations.

PHall

Quote from: PhotogPilot on November 20, 2015, 08:04:01 PM
I'm sorry, I just don't see the problem here. Wear of the WWII wings is not mandatory, it's optional for one year. The wings cost $12.50. Don't like 'em? Don't buy em.  Don't put 'em on your uniform. Come on folks, is it really that big a freakin' deal? 

And please explain to me how $4000 out of a $39,000,000 budget is going to hurt our operations.

That $4000 could be used for something useful and not for something of zero value.
There is a term that is used to describe stuff like this. It's Fraud, Waste and Abuse.

Capt Thompson

Fraud, waste and abuse? Only $4k to preserve historic artifacts, research the history of the organization, conduct interviews and oral histories, produce material that aids in recruiting and fostering esprit de corps, etc. etc. etc. Name one other program in CAP that does so much for the organization, with such little money? If you don't care enough about the organization, to want to preserve it's history, to be able to tell it's story to future generations, then why are you a part of it?
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

PhotogPilot

Quote from: PHall on November 21, 2015, 01:32:52 AM

That $4000 could be used for something useful and not for something of zero value.
There is a term that is used to describe stuff like this. It's Fraud, Waste and Abuse.

Fraud, Waste and Abuse? Give me a break. You might not like the expenditure, I get that. You might think the money could be better spent. I get that also. But the expenditure is authorized under CAP regs and NHQ policy. And orginizational history is a vital part of the Public Affairs and Outreach function of NHQ. The Air Force, Army, Navy and Marine Corps all expend resources on their history and heritage. It's not Fraud, Waste, or Abuse until the IG says it is.

LSThiker

Perhaps you need a refresher on those definitions
http://www.dodig.mil/resources/fraud/fraud_defined.html

PHall

Quote from: LSThiker on November 21, 2015, 02:25:48 AM

Don't think I need a "refresher" on waste.

MSG Mac

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

LSThiker

Quote from: PHall on November 21, 2015, 04:46:51 AM

Then please elaborate as to how the history program relates to mismanagement, inappropriate actions, and/or inadequate oversight. 

FW

Quote from: PHall on November 21, 2015, 04:46:51 AM
Quote from: LSThiker on November 21, 2015, 02:25:48 AM

BTW; most likely it's $4000 out of a $2,000,000 budget.  This expense came out of member (Corporate) money.  FWA, this is not.  There is a vetting process in these matters, and I'm sure it was followed. 

Oh, and as a former "bean counter", we need to sell about 5500 of them to break even..., but this is about our history, not about making money.  :angel:

JeffDG

I would venture that our history brings us far more than $4,000 every year.  Without our history, our appropriations would be approximately $0.