Uniform for Boards or Competitions

Started by kirbahashi, February 06, 2012, 05:11:34 PM

kirbahashi

...The Rant is about board members no wearing the same uniform as the candidates.  No where did anyone suggest that board members did not have the prescribed minimum uniform....only that they did not wear it...

Yes, the OP was about would you wear uniform Y as a board member, if you were directing those appearing before the board to wear uniform X.  Keeping in mind, uniform Y was ok'd through not only CAPM 39-1 but the Wing Instruction for the board.  It was also a rant towards some Seniors who are good to go with wearing the polo and slacks at events directed towards Cadets.  When you are directing those Cadets to be a variant of blues.  Either S/S vs. L/S, ribbons or tie. 

I do want to say thanks to everyone chiming in.  Regardless where the post went, it was good to see some people's take on the original question.  And it lets me know, I am not alone in my thinking.  AND... I learned something about that dang uniform.  And yes, I own that uniform, and I wear that uniform.  I just know there are certain events and places where I know I would never wear it, even if authorized.  And a board is one of those places.

Thanks, and keep it going.
There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that's lying about being milk.

ZigZag911

Quote from: lordmonar on February 07, 2012, 05:05:47 PM

Typical that Ecliplse would change the focus of the OP's original rant.  The Rant is about board members no wearing the same uniform as the candidates.  No where did anyone suggest that board members did not have the proscribed minimum uniform....only that they did not wear it.

So to stay on target.....the fault lies in who ever set up the board.  If you don't specify the UoD....then people will wear what ever they feel like.
If the UoD is Class B and a member does not have a set......then yes he should not be on the board.

Agreed!

And apologies to Eclipse for dragging him into this.