Silver Braid On the Flight Cap

Started by DiNardo907, January 15, 2011, 04:21:34 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on January 21, 2011, 02:33:29 PM
I honestly have to say, I was unaware of the stipulation that as a SMWOG you wear the enlisted hat. I was in violation of this for about two weeks while waiting for my 2nd LT paperwork to go through, and was in blues at least twice in that short period. I feel bad now :-\.

No reason to feel bad, for the very cause that Captain Tomasone pointed out.

Sometimes 39-1 is as clear as mud.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

davidsinn

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 21, 2011, 02:40:49 PM
I think pretty much everyone commits an inadvertent uniform boo-boo at least once.

If you haven't, then you haven't been a member long. ;D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

ol'fido

Quote from: baronet68 on January 17, 2011, 05:05:43 AM
Quote from: Major Carrales on January 17, 2011, 04:16:55 AM
... I can see the purchase of an item that will be used for less than six months to be a waste.

Seems to me that this is a non-issue for squadrons with cadets.  Since cadets wear the blue braid flight cap, it shouldn't be too difficult to find a spare, clean, and serviceable flight cap for a new SM to use for a few months until they are promoted.
Unless you are like me. My hat size varies from 7 3/8 to 7 3/4 depending on the make and model of the hat and whether my wife has told me what she thinks of me that day or not. ;D ;D ;D You don't find a lot of hats that size lying about supply rooms. As Drill Sergeant Daniels said at Ft. Benning lo those 22 years ago, "Beat your face, YOU BIG WATER HEAD, I know how to cure what ails you! Exercise! Exercise! And more exercise! ::) ::) ::)
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

bosshawk

Drill Sgt Daniels probably had a lot of other bits of sage advice for you and the other guys in your Basic Training Company.  You probably remember at least some of them.

I, fortunately, never went through Basic Training, but I do remember what a lot of NCOs told me as a young Lt.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

ol'fido

I do remember vividly him showing us the petroleum jelly trick to put the camo sticks on our face. Bug juice works good too.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: bosshawk on January 21, 2011, 11:15:54 PM
Drill Sgt Daniels probably had a lot of other bits of sage advice for you and the other guys in your Basic Training Company.  You probably remember at least some of them.

Which are quite probably not repeatable here.

Anyone who has been to lovely Lackland knows the colourful turn of phrases that the MTI's can come up with.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Defender

"Colorful turn of phrases????"   Well.  That's ONE way to put it! ;D
JOHN R SANTIAGO, 1LT, CAP
COMMANDER     GLR OH 051

"Excellence Is Our Standard"

Tim Medeiros

I can't wait to find out some of those colorful turn of phrases personally.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

PHall

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on January 23, 2011, 01:00:12 AM
I can't wait to find out some of those colorful turn of phrases personally.

"Officially" they can't use them anymore. "Officially"... ;)