Benjamin O. Davis Leadership Ribbon

Started by BradM, July 21, 2010, 12:29:19 AM

BradM

http://www.mcchord.org/rack_builder/check_sr.html

If you go to the above site. For the Benjamin O. Davis Leadership Ribbon what do these attachments mean and how does one earn them?

B-B Stars
S-B Stars
S-S Stars
B-B-B Stars
S-B-B Stars
S-S-B Stars
S-S-S Stars

Thank you!
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

SarDragon

B = bronze star, for a senior rating in a PD specialty.

S = silver star, for a master rating in a PD specialty.

Consult the appropriate CAPP 200(series) for the requirements for your particular specialty.

This is a senior member award.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

BradM

I'm a new prospective member who has attended 2 meetings so far. Next week I bring in my dues check and start the paperwork rolling so I can join. So on the terminology I am not yet up to speed. What does "PD" mean?

Do you get more Bronze Stars and Silver Stars if you study more than one Specialty Track?
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

ßτε

PD = Professional Development

If, for example,  you have a senior rating in two specialty tracks, you would wear the ribbon with two bronze stars (B-B Stars)

Eclipse

All will become clear when the check clears.

PD=Professional Development, in reference mainly to the completion of "tracks" which include training and time sin service in a given specialty.

Examples are Cadets Programs, Emergency Services, and Aerospace Education.

If you look at the Pamphlets here, you will get an idea of the programs and requirements.
http://www.capmembers.com/forms_publications__regulations/pamphlets.cfm

CAPP 216, for example is the one for Cadet Programs Officer.

Completion of a respective track to the master level is required for completion of Level IV of the senior program, which in turn is required to be eligible for promotion to Lt. Col. (among other things).

The levels are technician, senior, and master. 

Technician assumes an entry-level grasp of the duties and tasks in an apprentice type situation, and usually takes 6 months to achieve,
the subsequent levels require additional service and training above tech and senior, respectively, and it generally takes 3-4+ years of fairly active service to complete a master in anything.

"That Others May Zoom"

BradM

Thank you all! Would it be correct to assume by having the maximum of 3 stars available on the ribbon that most members that want to learn more than one Specialty usually learn no more than 3 up to a Masters level?
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

SarDragon

No. That's all you can show on your ribbon rack. You can enroll in and progress through as many tracks as you think you can handle. Several of the Ops tracks are sequential, so participation in more than three is common.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

EMT-83

There is no Benjamin O. Davis Leadership Ribbon.

The Leadership Ribbon is earned by completing the requirements of a technician rating in a Specialty Track.

The Benjamin O. Davis award is earned by completing Level 2 of the Senior Member Professional Development Program.

BradM

Quote from: EMT-83 on July 21, 2010, 02:50:12 AM
There is no Benjamin O. Davis Leadership Ribbon.

The Leadership Ribbon is earned by completing the requirements of a technician rating in a Specialty Track.

The Benjamin O. Davis award is earned by completing Level 2 of the Senior Member Professional Development Program.

According to this site on building your Senior Ribbons thats what its called. I copied and pasted it. Is this site incorrect?

http://www.mcchord.org/rack_builder/check_sr.html

Look bottom left under Senior Program Awards
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

DakRadz

Yessiree it is. Not an official site of the United States Air Force Auxiliary, Civil Air Patrol; that means room for error.

What amazes me is that it doesn't have some sort of disclaimer on the site....

BradM

Quote from: DakRadz on July 21, 2010, 03:41:34 AM
Yessiree it is. Not an official site of the United States Air Force Auxiliary, Civil Air Patrol; that means room for error.

http://www.mcchord.org/

If you go to the above link its from the McChord Composite Squadron So it is a CAP site :)
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

Eclipse

Quote from: BradM on July 21, 2010, 04:05:30 AM

http://www.mcchord.org/

If you go to the above link its from the McChord Composite Squadron So it is a CAP site :)

That doesn't make it official.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

OOPS!  :o

Looks like someone needs to send the creator an email, or PM.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

UWONGO2

Quote from: SarDragon on July 21, 2010, 01:36:07 AM
No. That's all you can show on your ribbon rack.

I didn't know you could wear multiple devices, so I opened up 39-3 to take a peek. The regulation specifically limits you to three silver attachments, but says nothing about a limit on bronze attachments.

I suspect the intent is to have no more than three stars on the ribbon. Besides, how many could you cram on a ribbon anyway?

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: UWONGO2 on July 21, 2010, 10:31:00 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on July 21, 2010, 01:36:07 AM
No. That's all you can show on your ribbon rack.

I didn't know you could wear multiple devices, so I opened up 39-3 to take a peek. The regulation specifically limits you to three silver attachments, but says nothing about a limit on bronze attachments.

I suspect the intent is to have no more than three stars on the ribbon. Besides, how many could you cram on a ribbon anyway?

The military services allow up to four devices before trading up to a silver device (equaling the fifth award). However, CAP has unusual device attachment rules for some of their ribbons:

Leadership Ribbon - No more than three silver stars, though accepted practice by many who wear the ribbon is a mix of silver and bronze stars, not to exceed three.

Red Service Ribbon - No more than three bronze clasps (symbolizing 15 years service). After 20 years, the silver numeric devices take over.

Air Search and Rescue Ribbon and Find Ribbon - Large prop for aircrew mission; bronze and silver clasps arranged to balance the small and large devices when worn together.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Eclipse

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on July 21, 2010, 01:09:17 PM
Air Search and Rescue Ribbon and Find Ribbon - Large prop for aircrew mission; bronze and silver clasps arranged to balance the small and large devices when worn together.

Ditto for the Find ribbon.

"That Others May Zoom"

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Eclipse on July 21, 2010, 03:09:48 PM
Quote from: AlphaSigOU on July 21, 2010, 01:09:17 PM

Ditto for the Find ribbon.

Redundant; please read my quote carefully... it includes the 'Find' ribbon.  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

JC004

Official sites don't have errors?  Have you been to the Knowledgebase?   >:D

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

BradM

Thank you all! How does one earn the Achievement ribbon, the Homeland Security ribbon, the Counterdrug ribbon, and the General Chuck Yeager Award?

Finance Officer
La Verne, CA