List of members & their ES quals

Started by Spaceman3750, June 29, 2010, 06:59:37 PM

Spaceman3750

In the eServices Ops Quals module, is there a report I can run that will list my squadron members alongside of their ES quals (even if they don't have one).

lordmonar

There is one you can get out of the WMU.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Camas

Go to "Reports" in OpsQuals and then to "All Qual/Achv with data". Your unit should be displayed by default. See if that's what you're looking for.

davidsinn

Quote from: lordmonar on June 29, 2010, 08:56:19 PM

You're not supposed to be using WMU....For the past 5+ years. To the OP yes there is a report. In the ops qual module click reports. You want to use "all qual/achv with data."

Camas beat me with the report.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Quote from: davidsinn on June 29, 2010, 10:14:38 PM

You're not supposed to be using WMU....For the past 5+ years.

There are still states that do - mine only cleared out last Fall after the 101 upgrade ability was removed, and plenty of
our members still think we're a WMU state.

"That Others May Zoom"

tsrup

You're not supposed to be using WMU....For the past 5+ years. To the OP yes there is a report. In the ops qual module click reports. You want to use "all qual/achv with data."

This report isn't exactly what the OP wants.  It does not show the entire roster, as those without quals are omitted.

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 29, 2010, 06:59:37 PM
In the eServices Ops Quals module, is there a report I can run that will list my squadron members alongside of their ES quals (even if they don't have one).
Emphasis Mine
Paramedic
hang-around.

davidsinn

Quote from: Eclipse on June 29, 2010, 10:21:45 PM

You're not supposed to be using WMU....For the past 5+ years.

There are still states that do - mine only cleared out last Fall after the 101 upgrade ability was removed, and plenty of
our members still think we're a WMU state.

I know. Some of your people were at the GLR/ES conference and it was...interesting.

Quote from: tsrup on June 29, 2010, 10:23:39 PM

This report isn't exactly what the OP wants.  It does not show the entire roster, as those without quals are omitted.

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 29, 2010, 06:59:37 PM
Emphasis Mine

What is the point of that? Just print a roster out too. The report I mentioned shows everyone down to GES and Curry. A person is useless ES-wise without them.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Spaceman3750

lordmonar

??

Says who?

The WMU is the only place that I (as a squadron bound individual) can pull up the qualifications and availablity of everyone in the wing and region.

If WMU is not to be used....why can you still access it?

a2capt

There used to be a "National Reports" section on the left side that one could put in any CAP ID and get that persons qualifications. That's disappeared from there now, and WMU/IMU is the only real way to find out "anything" (ES wise) about anyone outside of your unit and when you are dealing with ES it's not always just those inside your unit that you are dealing with.

Eclipse

^ You guys must have unique access in the WMU.  All I can see are other people from my wing.

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

I'm still looking for the memo that states WMU is not to be used. It came out before I joined. Why do you need to pull ES quals for other people? Isn't that the reason for the 101 card? You can still use WMU because it is not an NHQ program. As they alter eServices the crosstalk with WMU is being broken.

I just pulled all the quals for a friend of mine. He's the group CC of a different group than mine. I do not have any wing level permissions. It's in the member qualification report inside the reports module of ops qual. I also just pulled the quals for CAP/CC.

Why do you need WMU again?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Its a Bowling-era decision.

Yes, the 101 card supposed to be the doc.  Sometimes people even bring them to missions.    ::)

I'm a "bring it or go home" kinda guy, but in some cases there is no home ES at all, and without help from above
or at a SAREx, these orphaned member would never get to play.  Its not right, it just "is".

Also, in my wing anyway, SET's are still approved for the whole state, and without that ability our ES program
would grind to a halt.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Okay.....

I use WMU to do qualification searches for everyone in my wing....it gives me a list of all the ,say, GTLs in NVWG. 

I need that as a GBD to start building teams.

Same story with any other branch director.

As far as I know I still can't get the same sort of product out of E-service yet.

CAP Marine

In eServices, under ops quals, you can select reports. Now, access to these may be unique to your duty position, but I can select "All Qual/ Ach With Data" and it brings up everybody's qualification data by qualification or achievement for the unit I have selected. (Ex- the first one that comes up is Curry, the last is Water Survival, listing everybody who has achieved each one). There is also a "Member Qualification Information" that can be used to look up specific member info. There are lots of other reports as well.

I think that the access to these types of reports is restricted by duty position. I hold ES Officer responsibilities at both my squadron and group levels, so I think I have more access than, say, our Communications Officer. If you are looking for (and have a need for) data for your squadron, it wouldn't hurt to ask to be assigned as an assistant ES officer so that you can get to it in eServices. I hope this is helpful.

lordmonar

That is good....but because I am only assigned to the squadron....I can only see my squadron.

In the WMU I can see the entire wing when I sign in as ES Staff.

And E-services and WMU are still cross talking (at least for this function) as I can see the new Serrogate Predator quals in the WMU.

Hence the reason I use WMU.

Camas

Quote from: lordmonar on June 30, 2010, 05:36:20 PM
That is good....but because I am only assigned to the squadron....I can only see my squadron.
It's no secret that e-services is very restricted as to what a member has access to and what he or she doesn't. The WMU was not scope-related so that anyone could look up anyone else. If you're "tight" with some of the wing ES people in NVWG you might ask them to run reports for you and forward them to you. I find that, at times, I'll issue temporary permissions to those in my wing on a "need to know" basis so that they can perform their functions. And yes, I'm the wing WSA.

Eclipse

For argument's sake, why would ES quals be a secret or "need to know"?

I'd have no issue letting anyone check me out for that kind of info.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Camas on June 30, 2010, 05:51:08 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on June 30, 2010, 05:36:20 PM
It's no secret that e-services is very restricted as to what a member has access to and what he or she doesn't. The WMU was not scope-related so that anyone could look up anyone else. If you're "tight" with some of the wing ES people in NVWG you might ask them to run reports for you and forward them to you. I find that, at times, I'll issue temporary permissions to those in my wing on a "need to know" basis so that they can perform their functions. And yes, I'm the wing WSA.

Not acceptable.

I don't need or want to call some one at 01:00 just to find out who the GTLs or Pilots are.....I need that information NOW so I can start call out teams.

WMU gives me that ability now.

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on June 30, 2010, 05:53:31 PM
For argument's sake, why would ES quals be a secret or "need to know"?

I'd have no issue letting anyone check me out for that kind of info.

They are not....per se....I can look up anyone's qualifications in E-services right now.

But I can't get a list of all the GTLs in NVWG in E-services....I can get all the GTLs in my squadron.