CAP slacking on renewals?

Started by Climbnsink, May 24, 2010, 06:47:51 PM

Climbnsink

Never got a single notice from CAP that my membership expired, squadron commander clued me in.  Renewed online and haven't seen a new card.  Doesn't matter right now I'm just surprised at the lack of member retention.  Good that CAP doesn't spend AOPA league money sending out renewal notices but nothing at all?  Regular bureaucratic speed or is something up?

Майор Хаткевич

I don't think I got a renewal notice either, but then again, I just renewed a few months before my membership was supposed to run out. I got the card (photo ID) within a week or so.

Eclipse

Quote from: Climbnsink on May 24, 2010, 06:47:51 PM
Never got a single notice from CAP that my membership expired, squadron commander clued me in.  Renewed online and haven't seen a new card.  Doesn't matter right now I'm just surprised at the lack of member retention.  Good that CAP doesn't spend AOPA league money sending out renewal notices but nothing at all?  Regular bureaucratic speed or is something up?

Is your email current and correct?  How about the spam folder?

Renewal notices are sent out via email.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

^ That I did get.

Smart move for the most part.

a2capt

I got one earlier this year via mail, since it was up at the end of Feb. Paid it two years and got the card by in 4-5 days. OTOH, I have never seen one via email, and I do get notices for validations, duty positions, etc- from eServices.

Pumbaa

I let my (and my daughters) membership lapse.  Did not receive anything until one month after expiration.

Oh well... Did not plan on renewing anyway...

Hill CAP

Quote from: Climbnsink on May 24, 2010, 06:47:51 PM

Talking with Ms. Parker as I got my regular mail renew notice 2 weeks after I renewed. CAP has out sourced the sending of renewals to an outside company and they have been having issues with the company sending the notices on time.
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

a2capt

That sounds like a bill for services that needn't be paid.

heliodoc

Sounds like CAP's copycat of "outsourcing" is biting 'em in the fourth point of contact, eh?

CAP and outsourcing........ A new way of getting out of work or attempting to and have someone else take the heat for something the "corporation" ought  be doing it self.

We are not that big NOR are we a government operation that we have to "outsource."  Another in CAP's attempt to be larger than it really is ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Eclipse

^ Great, please let them know when you will be available to process 20 or 30 thousand ID cards and renewals a year,
on your own time, for free.

"That Others May Zoom"

heliodoc

^^^^^^^^

OOOOhh   20 to 30 K ......ooohhh

What were they doing previous to this??  SITTING on their 4th POC to send it away?

PAHLEEEEEZE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

JC004

Every one of those ID cards that I got had less than full coverage of the gray background, had a horribly compressed image, and said "U.S."  Outsource it to me.  I'll fix it.

FW

It's a shame NHQ is having issues with the company they "outsourced" with.  However, I imagine the reason for the decision to outsource was to save money; not to "attempt to be larger than it really is". 
NHQ's renewal processes were inefficient and bordering on wastefull.  Outsourcing was probably thought to be a less expensive alternative until the new membership management software system was implemented. 
Hopefully the kinks in the system will be fixed quickly. 

heliodoc

^^^

The above proves more and more, that CAP as a"corporation" really has no business sense at all and don't even tell me about the volunteers doing the work.

If they got the money to burn doing this then they (CAP) can get a few dinero together and DO a REAL business plan and LEARN how to "outsource" because apparently it has NO outsourcing common sense either.  Less expensive?  CAP seems to manage to find some Keystone Kops type of operation by beta testing some GOB's relatives new markets!!

FW

^ I don't think they have money to burn.  The problem is money is tight.  Hence, the outsourcing.  NHQ is dealing with antiquated systems and, up until a few years ago, insisted on "in house" software development.  Needless to say; that business plan was trashed.  A new model was formed.  However, it does take time to implement new systems.  The Board of Governors controls major corporate (member derived) expenses.  And, it doles out the dinero slowly.  Add into the mix a temporary and inadequate physical plant, employees asked to do multiple projects at the same time, a volunteer leadership who, for the most part, has other priorities and, you get less than optimum results.

Of course, in spite of all that, membership is at the highest levels in nine years.  Go figure....

Climbnsink

Got my membership card today, not sure how long it was but was >week.  Checked my spam file for a renewal notice and didn't find one, announcements from National make it into my inbox so who knows.  No biggie.

Psicorp

You can pull up a membership report in eServices to find out who's membership will be expiring 30 and 60 days out for your unit.
Periodically I pull up the report and send email reminders to the respective members of my unit.  I figure that retention is my job, not NHQ's.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Seabee219

When you re-up you have a choice to be notified by e-mail, and or mail. In my e-services account, it told me when I was 90 days out with a big red box up top.  Got my card fast to... :clap:
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people

cachambliss

Renewal Month July.  Last night I had an email renewal reminder and a link and in less time than it takes to tell my membership was renewed for another year. 

rexsmith

If you have access to Commander's Corner under the right hand side in e-Services, you can open it and click on the link which says, "Click here to view Members whose membership is due for renewal.".  This will tell you whose membership will expire in the next 60 days and how many days they have left for renewal.  I make it a practice to check this at least once a month.
Rex Smith, Lt Col, CAP
Blackhawk Composite Squadron - NV 050
Nevada Wing
Lake Tahoe