Color guard help!!!

Started by cadet zimmerman, February 18, 2010, 12:26:29 AM

cadet zimmerman

If someone could just go through the complete steps on raising and lowering the colors that would be great! I need to find out how to do it.
Kyle S. B. Zimmerman
C/MSgt CAP
In between squadrons

SarDragon

What references have you consulted so far?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

TACP

You and your team need to do some serious reading:

Air Force Drill and Ceremonies Manual
CAPR 900-2 Civil Air Patrol Seal, Emblem and Flag Etiquette
CAPM 52-4 National Cadet Competition

If you don't take the time to read/follow these manuals your team will not be successful. They spell out everything you could need to know.

cadet zimmerman

@sardragon the D&C and other sq. @ TACP we have read all of those, none of them tell how to do it.
Kyle S. B. Zimmerman
C/MSgt CAP
In between squadrons

SarDragon

Try looking at the Table of contents of AFMAN 36-2203 for Ceremonies. Proceed from there. It's in there, I just looked.  :)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

TACP

Quote from: SarDragon on February 18, 2010, 05:30:04 AM
Try looking at the Table of contents of AFMAN 36-2203 for Ceremonies. Proceed from there. It's in there, I just looked.  :)

Great minds think alike! I just double checked as well; the D&C spells it out precisely. It's what the evaluators will be grading you from too, so it would be beneficial to follow the regs rather than only asking for other's inputs.

SarDragon

Quote from: TACP on February 18, 2010, 05:51:24 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on February 18, 2010, 05:30:04 AM

Great minds think alike! I just double checked as well; the D&Cspells it out precisely. It's what the evaluators will be grading youfrom too, so it would be beneficial to follow the regs rather than onlyasking for other's inputs.

[redacted due to edit of quoted post]
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

TACP

Good call, just edited it from my post. Unfortunately that doesn't change where you quoted me.

SarDragon

Quote from: TACP on February 18, 2010, 06:49:24 AM
Good call, just edited it from my post. Unfortunately that doesn't change where you quoted me.

Fixed!  8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

cadet zimmerman

Kyle S. B. Zimmerman
C/MSgt CAP
In between squadrons

Christensen

I was able to compete at NCC in 2008.  One thing to remember when raising the colors is to take it all the way to the top of the pole then bring it down to half mast, same with retriving. take it to the top then bring it down.

GOOD LUCK!! :D

C/CMSgt Kelsi Christensen, CAP
Cache Valley Composite Squadron
RMR-UT-049
C/Capt Kelsi Christensen, CAP
Cache Valley Composite Squadron
RMR-UT-049