Squadron Patch Criteria

Started by JROB, February 06, 2010, 04:07:21 AM

davidsinn

Quote from: Hawk200 on February 08, 2010, 05:27:42 PM
Quote from: Rotorhead on February 08, 2010, 05:10:08 PMI know of least one squadron in COWG that insists cadets not wear the uniform until they make c/Amn.

Totally outside the regs.
Think I know which one you're talking about. And that's not all they do outside of regs.

Why have they not been "fixed"?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Hawk200

davidsinn

Quote from: Hawk200 on February 08, 2010, 05:38:18 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on February 08, 2010, 05:31:33 PMWhy have they not been "fixed"?
Region Staff close to the unit.

Pet unit I take it, which makes them "untouchable"?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Hawk200

Gunner C

Quote from: Spike on February 08, 2010, 05:12:08 PM
I teach all new members how to iron and starch.  I take 15 minutes out of my meeting, take them in my office and demonstrate the techniques used.  When a member comes in with a uniform that looks like it was rolled in a ball before wear, they go to our restroom, and iron.

Taking pride in your uniform is important.

I would never haze a member in the process of getting the Squadron Patch.  The minute they "officially" show up in E-Services, I call that person up in opening formation and read a script about what the patch means, where it came from and how it is unique to CAP.  Then they salute, do an about face, I introduce the member to everyone and return them to formation.  I do expect the patch to be on the uniform the following week though.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now that's good basic cadet training!  Well done.

alamrcn

Quote from: JROB on February 06, 2010, 04:07:21 AM
I was wondering of any other unit does this?

Not my unit... However in my opinion, something that is given is hard to appreciate.

Requiring some effort on the individual's part, backed by the tradition of earning their unit patch, will make a new member feel more a part of the squadron and establish an esprit de corp amoung the entire group.

Don't like patches, Mike? You're in the wrong organization. It's part of who we are and what we do.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

MIKE

Quote from: alamrcn on February 09, 2010, 07:11:23 PMDon't like patches, Mike? You're in the wrong organization. It's part of who we are and what we do.

Sez the patch guy.  I think you are a bit biased.  What happens when the new AF-style uniform comes out (ABU, MultiCam, or something else)?  Currently the ABU is sans unit/organizational patches.

I can't wear a whole lot of junk on my ODU, and I like it just fine.  >:D
Mike Johnston

Strick

Our uniforms are modified so when or if we do go to ABU'S maybe we will be allowed to wear wing and unit patches. 
[darn]atio memoriae

RiverAux

Hey, that would make us more distinctive from the Air Force!

Hawk200

Quote from: Strick on February 09, 2010, 07:53:44 PM
Our uniforms are modified so when or if we do go to ABU'S maybe we will be allowed to wear wing and unit patches.
I hope not. Getting tired of patches.

TACP

The last thing any of us should hope for is a switch to ABUs. A useless uniform, no actual improvements, with or without patches.

RogueLeader

Quote from: TACP on February 10, 2010, 03:23:05 AM
The last thing any of us should hope for is a switch to ABUs. A useless uniform, no actual improvements, with or without patches.

That could be said about BDUs DCUs, ACUs, Marpats, BBDUs, et. al.  The hing that would change is that we would (cadets and those that meet CAP H&W requirements) will be able to wear current AF style uniforms.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340