Questions about the Blues

Started by brickman, January 23, 2010, 03:50:32 PM

brickman

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of when my blues uniform might get to me? I have asked other people in my squadron, and I got about 3-4 different answers ranging from 1-2 weeks, to 5-6 months. I am hoping to have them by Nebraska Wing conference on March 26-28. I signed up in September 09. Thanks for your help.
C/SSgt  Northeast Nebraska Comp. Squadron

Spike

It depends on funding and AAFES.  You should get them before the conference, I would not worry.  I doubt you will get them in the next week though. 

brickman

Thank you. It would be kinda nice to have them next week though.... :)

DC

It will come when it gets there. That's really the only answer I can give you. I have seen them take anywhere from 3 weeks to over 6 months...

Out of curiosity, how did you promote to C/A1C without a uniform?

lordmonar

You don't need blues to get promoted....just a uniform.  Brickman may have BDU's...or even some old hand-me-down blues that he/she wants to replace.

As for the Free Cadet Unifrom....if it has been more then six weeks....I would contact National and check the status.

I recently requested the FCU for my girls and we got them in about 3 weeks.  Six weeks is standard business practice.  Call national....they don't mind.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Cecil DP

Your commander and DCS have access to a program in E-services which follows the progress of the uniform request. Ask them to check on it. As stated there is only a finite amount of money allocated per year. In addition, small uniforms are more difficult because the Air Force doesn't order that many.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

brickman

Quote from: DC on January 23, 2010, 07:53:43 PM

Out of curiosity, how did you promote to C/A1C without a uniform?
I have a long sleve shirt, pants and tie, just nothing else. Our squadron had some extras, which is where i got the above mentioned things. I do have a full set of bdu's, though.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: lordmonar on January 23, 2010, 08:15:54 PM
You don't need blues to get promoted....just a uniform. 

Pardon my laziness in not looking this up, but do you need a uniform to be promoted, or to be pinned?

AFAIK, promotion is just a paperwork thing...   Paperwork is submitted, acted on by Nat'l, new ID card is issued and eServices updated - POW - you're promoted.

Am I missing something?

CadetProgramGuy

You must have a full and complete uniform to sucessfully complete Acheivement 1

JoeTomasone

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on January 24, 2010, 07:51:37 AM
You must have a full and complete uniform to sucessfully complete Acheivement 1

AHHHH.  That explains it.   Thanks!

LtCol057

Also, cadets don't get a new ID card when they are promoted.  Unless NHQ has changed it within the last 2 weeks. 

JoeTomasone

Quote from: LtCol057 on January 24, 2010, 09:48:21 PM
Also, cadets don't get a new ID card when they are promoted.  Unless NHQ has changed it within the last 2 weeks.

<slaps forehead>

Maybe I need to spend more time around the Cadet Program....  LOL   I'm forgetting everything I knew!

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 24, 2010, 07:39:52 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on January 23, 2010, 08:15:54 PM
You don't need blues to get promoted....just a uniform. 

Pardon my laziness in not looking this up, but do you need a uniform to be promoted, or to be pinned?

AFAIK, promotion is just a paperwork thing...   Paperwork is submitted, acted on by Nat'l, new ID card is issued and eServices updated - POW - you're promoted.

Am I missing something?

While a promotion maybe a "paperwork thing" Squadron's are encouraged to hold a ceremony to recognize the members achievement.  The Oath is also an important touch to affirm that the member is part of an organization larger than himself and to afirm his responsibilities to CAP.

Am I missing something :) :)

cadet zimmerman

As of last month they are all on back order due to the raise of air force personnel so until they get more uniforms or less airmen I would suggest buying your own. 
Kyle S. B. Zimmerman
C/MSgt CAP
In between squadrons

Spike

Quote from: cadet zimmerman on February 07, 2010, 02:27:51 AM
As of last month they are all on back order due to the raise of air force personnel so until they get more uniforms or less airmen I would suggest buying your own.

I don't understand where you heard that, but I just received a set this past Friday that was submitted two weeks ago.  I also spoke with MCSS at Lackland, and stock is in, as DSCP (Philly) got a backlog of size 32 long mens trousers shipped last week.  MCSS has everything to outfit a Cadet now for the next 4 months.  The only thing that delays shipment (within the past 4 months ) were the size 32 L trousers and the speed at which the two ladies at MCSS can package the box up and ship it out.

I have actually met both women there before, and they work harder at getting CAP Cadets blues than they do shipping off orders from the Air Force.

cadet zimmerman

Are you talking about at an Air Force base itself or from National Because Like I said i talked to them about it.
Kyle S. B. Zimmerman
C/MSgt CAP
In between squadrons

Spike

^ The Free Cadet Uniform.  Whomever you spoke to may have been misinformed.  It ships from AAFES, not Maxwell AFB (National Headquarters). 

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: brickman on January 23, 2010, 06:10:59 PM
Thank you. It would be kinda nice to have them next week though.... :)
Mine came in 4 weeks (1 month) but usually they are estimated to come in 8 weeks (2 months).

Wright Brothers #13915

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: LtCol057 on January 24, 2010, 09:48:21 PM
I just recently put a order in for a new ID Card since my old one was scratched up beyond belief. I received it 1st Class Mail in 2 days later...

Wright Brothers #13915