Main Menu

Stolen Valor

Started by dogboy, November 13, 2009, 12:21:55 AM

Cecil DP

I would assume that a Corps Support Airplane Company would provide high level maintenance for A/C assigned to the Corps and subordinate units.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

WheelsUp

All, I dug it up again, and it is listed as "Corps Support Airplane Company" on the NAS Fort Worth website, toward the bottom, under "Tenant Units"
https://www.cnic.navy.mil/FortWorth/AboutCNIC/InstallationDirectory/index.htm
ES Training Officer/Mission Scanner

Short Field

^^^Same phone number as the Army Reserve Fixed Wing Detachment listed on the Army Commands page.  They would be a Corps level asset flying fixed wing aircraft (RC-12).
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Ned

I met one of the happiest pilots in the Air Force who was assigned to fly the Huron in support of the diplomatic missions in West Africa.  Interestingly, the co-pilot was an Army aviator.  They spend their lives flying dipolomatic officers hither and yon in areas without a lot of air traffic.

Happy guys. 

And a beautifully appointed aircraft.

Cecil DP

Quote from: Ned on May 21, 2010, 10:56:55 PM
I met one of the happiest pilots in the Air Force who was assigned to fly the Huron in support of the diplomatic missions in West Africa.  Interestingly, the co-pilot was an Army aviator.  They spend their lives flying dipolomatic officers hither and yon in areas without a lot of air traffic.

Happy guys. 

They're probably assigned as Assistant Air and Military Attaches
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

PHall

Quote from: Cecil DP on May 22, 2010, 01:30:21 AM
Quote from: Ned on May 21, 2010, 10:56:55 PM

Happy guys. 

They're probably assigned as Assistant Air and Military Attaches

They're usually assigned to the 99th Airlift Squadron (AMC) and are attached to the Embassy.

Ranger75

Negative  --  C-12 aircraft associated with foreign service posts are assigned to the respective Defense Attache Office (DAO).  Their primary purpose is to facilitate the multiple missions assigned to the Defense and Service attaches, both in the country where assigned and in direct support of other DAOs within a defined region.  Attaches assigned to a DAO where a C-12 is located are fixed and rotary-wing pilots drawn from the respective service responsible for the attache billets.  Transition training for C-12 flight crewmembers is conducted at Fort Rucker, AL.  Having been assigned to three DAOs in Western and Central Africa, I've spent quite a few hours in these aircraft. 

Short Field

^^^ Correct.  Several of my pilot type attache friends all flew the C-12 in their assigned countrys.   
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

lordmonar

Hey you Marine Types out there.

Saw some guy today at the mall in BDUs.  Not MARPATS....BDUs.   He was wearing it right...sleeves rolled marine style....right boots, bloused right.

He looked a little heavey and his hair cut was a little long (but still in regs).....he just gave me a bad vibe.

I though maybe he was a Marine Reserve or something who has not tranistioned to the MARPATs....so the question....are there any BDU's still out there? 
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

shorning

Quote from: lordmonar on May 23, 2010, 05:18:02 AM
I though maybe he was a Marine Reserve or something who has not tranistioned to the MARPATs....so the question....are there any BDU's still out there?

Pat, are you sure he was a Marine?  AFAIK, they've all transitioned...years ago.  But I think the Navy is still rocking the BDUs...as they transition too.

PHall

Quote from: Ranger75 on May 23, 2010, 12:50:12 AM
Negative  --  C-12 aircraft associated with foreign service posts are assigned to the respective Defense Attache Office (DAO).  Their primary purpose is to facilitate the multiple missions assigned to the Defense and Service attaches, both in the country where assigned and in direct support of other DAOs within a defined region.  Attaches assigned to a DAO where a C-12 is located are fixed and rotary-wing pilots drawn from the respective service responsible for the attache billets.  Transition training for C-12 flight crewmembers is conducted at Fort Rucker, AL.  Having been assigned to three DAOs in Western and Central Africa, I've spent quite a few hours in these aircraft.

And the pilots in Europe/Africa are administratively assigned to the 99th AS at Ramstein.
They report to the DAO at their embassy, but their stan-eval records and flying time records are back at Ramstein.
The folks who give them their check rides are out of Ramstein too.

lordmonar

Quote from: shorning on May 23, 2010, 05:26:34 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on May 23, 2010, 05:18:02 AM

Pat, are you sure he was a Marine?  AFAIK, they've all transitioned...years ago.  But I think the Navy is still rocking the BDUs...as they transition too.

Not 100% on the service.  I was too far to see if he had Marine or Navy insignia.  I too thought the Marines had transitioned already...and the Navy was moveing over fast now....like I said...it just left me with a weird feelings.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

vmstan

Are there any recruiting stations in that mall or reasons why he'd be sporting BDUs there?
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

Gung Ho

I can tell you he was not a Marine. Not walking around a mall in BDU's. Unlike the Army, Marines are not to be out in the public wearing the BDU's. I for one can't stand to see everyone in the Army wearing these uniforms all over. Almost anytime you see them they are not wearing any kind of dress uniform, from walking around the mall or even at meetings. To me this looks so sloppy, it's like they don't have any respect in what they wear. Or maybe it's just they are too lazy to wear anything that doesn't have everything sewn on

Gung Ho

Quote from: Marshalus on May 23, 2010, 02:27:38 PM
Are there any recruiting stations in that mall or reasons why he'd be sporting BDUs there?

You will not see a Marine Corp recruiter wearing his BDU's in the office. It's not allowed

RiverAux

vmstan

Quote from: Gung Ho on May 23, 2010, 02:28:27 PM
I can tell you he was not a Marine. Not walking around a mall in BDU's. Unlike the Army, Marines are not to be out in the public wearing the BDU's. I for one can't stand to see everyone in the Army wearing these uniforms all over. Almost anytime you see them they are not wearing any kind of dress uniform, from walking around the mall or even at meetings. To me this looks so sloppy, it's like they don't have any respect in what they wear. Or maybe it's just they are too lazy to wear anything that doesn't have everything sewn on

That's what I was thinking, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a Marine (even friends and people I know) in BDU/MARPAT. Always khaki/green or dress blues.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

Gung Ho

The only time you might see them is filling up on gas if it at a pay at the pump. They can't go into a station to pay for gas unless it's an emergency. They are not to be in the public in camo, period. Stopping for gas is the only thing allowed and as I put it that's only if they can pay at the pump

Flying Pig

When I was a young LCPL, I had just bought a truck and decided I was going to go off base for lunch.  In my cammies.  An older gentleman who ended up being an off duty 1st Sgt  tapped me on the shoulder, explained the severity of my actions and told me to get back on base and never do it again.  I walked out and never even got to eat.  And I had paid for it already. :'(

Also, Marines havnt worn BDUs in years. You wont see a Marine wearing them.  The Marines did the transition all at once.  They didnt allow a 3yr phase in or anything like that. One day it was cammies, the next day it was MARPATs if I recall correctly.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Flying Pig on May 23, 2010, 03:30:55 PM
Also, Marines havnt worn BDUs in years.

The last time I saw a Marine in BDUs was about 2 years ago.  He was serving on an aircraft carrier as part of the police force.  The Navy guys were in their utilities (dark blue pants, lighter blue shirt) and all the Marine police officers were in BDUs.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill