Senior Officer Correspondence Course

Started by rroberts, November 03, 2009, 03:43:37 AM

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Hawk200 on November 05, 2009, 04:20:42 AM
And it doesn't matter, seniors only need to know about the cadet program if they are conducting it. Any other reason is "Nice to know" or "Good for you!"

If they don't conduct it, or are directly involved in it, it doesn't serve any benefit.

Uh-huh
QuoteI was conducting Cadet Programs before you even knew what CAP was, and I've forgotten more about it than you've ever learned.

Acting unbecoming? Apparently your mirror is out of service.

It's working just fine. It also doesn't lie, and tells me when I'm wrong.

I wasn't proven wrong about anything. And I actually posted the reference that I had been searching for.
Don't claim credit for a win that doesn't exist. You didn't prove anything, you chose to take offense at nothing.

Quote from: Hawk200 on November 05, 2009, 02:05:48 AM
Do they? I will accept that it may have been permitted at one time, but didn't see anything in the latest 52-16 (the latest that includes change 1 dated 1 Jul 2009). Anyone got a reference for it?

By your own admission, you didn't know this was part of the program currently. As far as I'm aware, it's been around since before I joined in 2003.

"Allowed to take" means nothing if you can't back it up. Black and white references will always trump "I was told..."

I never uttered the words "I was told...", I spoke in clear, confident language, simply asking if the new program carried over the same options.

And then there's the things I've learned that you don't even know yet. 40 beats 18 in more ways than one.
I'm pushing 20, thank you, and I have yet to see benefits of that age in this case.

If that's what you want to say about everyone on the board, that's your call. This isn't a one-on-one conversation.

Actually others have been very helpful on this board. I'm done with this. My question was answered, but it was nice to know my question lead to someone else learning something new.

Hawk200

And you still don't answer the question. You're going to claim the high road and ignore it.

Yep, it's definitely not worth it.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Hawk200 on November 05, 2009, 03:47:13 AM
What does teaching senior members about the cadet program have to do with whether or not cadets are allowed to take a senior member course?

I would expect someone who has forgotten more of the program than what I had learned in 7 years to know that taking a senior member course called ECI-13 is a supplement to COS/RCLS. 

Or do you need more?

Hawk200

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on November 05, 2009, 04:38:46 AM
Quote from: Hawk200 on November 05, 2009, 03:47:13 AM
What does teaching senior members about the cadet program have to do with whether or not cadets are allowed to take a senior member course?

I would expect someone who has forgotten more of the program than what I had learned in 7 years to know that taking a senior member course called ECI-13 is a supplement to COS/RCLS.

It's not a supplement, there are three permitted courses to make the Eaker. Do you know them all? Why should all seniors have to know that?

And while you're looking it up, you will also find why there is no reference to the "ECI-13" that I was looking for.

We can put the misunderstanding aside, or you can stew about it. But you seem to claim some type of offense when there wasn't one.

Майор Хаткевич

All three are listed in what you quoted... scratch that.

Here is the quote from CAPR 52-16

QuoteLeadership Academy. To earn the Eaker Award, cadets must complete Cadet Officer School (COS), Region Cadet Leadership School (RCLS), or the CAP Senior Officer Course (AFIADL-13). For information about COS and RCLS, see www.cap.gov/cadets. For information about AFIADL-13, see www.cap.gov/pd.

Seems to even list the test by name! A miracle!

And before you say ECI =/= AFIADL, I seem to know that it's the same thing, how about you?

Hawk200

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on November 05, 2009, 05:05:32 AMAnd before you say ECI =/= AFIADL, I seem to know that it's the same thing, how about you?

Yep, I sure did. And I didn't think to run "AFIADL" in the little search in Adobe while I was looking for it, I was thinking "ECI-13".

We can attribute this little misunderstanding to a mental hiccup, and let it go. I'm willing.

CAPSGT

seeing as this has degraded into a series of personal attacks....LOCK
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron