Started by Jill, October 26, 2009, 03:43:41 AM

Jill

You will have to have dsl/cable to view this blog

My dad: http://www.loganp61blackwidow.blogspot.com

You can find the recovery of his plane at http://www.maam.org/p61.html

How is that for being a historian?

a2capt

Wow.

You read about these .. but it seems you never hear of someone who flew it, especially when they're crashed like that.

Equally amazing is that that practically have rebuilt the aircraft from ground up piece wise, too. Almost as such that if I ever had the chance to be a part of one of these projects I can't imagine not interjecting to say that every piece we make, lets make two, and make an entire additional hull. Since it's obvious they've done the work of spec'ing out the parts.

Eclipse

Beautiful plane, great story, horrible website...

"That Others May Zoom"

Jill

I created that website on behalf of my father who flew the P-61.  I lost him when I was nine years old.

Thanks for your compliment Eclipse.

Jill

Eclipse

Sorry for your loss, but I'm not sure how that's relevant to the website being outdated and hard to read.
The colors alone are an immediate issue.

I guarantee you a lot of people land there, it stutters, and they move on.  If you want people to spend time there you should take the effort to update it to current style standards and use a photo library to load the pictures.

The blogger site would be a much better place to tell the whole story.

"That Others May Zoom"

Ricochet13

Quote from: Eclipse on October 26, 2009, 04:27:14 PM
Sorry for your loss, but I'm not sure how that's relevant to the website being outdated and hard to read.
The colors alone are an immediate issue.

I guarantee you a lot of people land there, it stutters, and they move on.  If you want people to spend time there you should take the effort to update it to current style standards and use a photo library to load the pictures.

The blogger site would be a much better place to tell the whole story.

See PM >:(

Ricochet13

Jill, 

Quite a story behind the P-61 and all night fighters during WWII.  I believe there is a plaque dedicated to WWII night fighter personnel at Wright-Paterson AFB?  BTW, the A-20 Havoc was used as a stop gap until the P-61 arrived on the scene.  PM me, I'm interested in what squadron your Father belonged to.  Mine flew with the 423rd which converted to a night photo squadron, the 155th, just before D-Day. 

Flying Pig

Good site Jill.  Its neat that you got it out there for people to take a look at.  Your dad was one of those people who did things we never hear about. 

By the way, on your comments page, I think "Anonymous" was hitting on you ;D
Oh yeah, and I'd kill to have the leather jacket he's wearing!

Jill

Thank You Sir

http://autoramacarshow.blogspot.com/

The sons set  up several sites.  I really don't think we need help with web design..www.thepropstop.blogspot is another good one.  They were instrumental with assisting me with setting up my dads website.

Do we often tell cadets they have failed?...and that their efforts were "horrible?"...I doubt it...lol

Will keep you updated with historian projects.  Found some good articles.  Nice gentleman in here provided me with a curriculum.

oak2007

Jill,
Great website, it's too bad that there are some folks in here that have nothing better to do then pick apart someone else's efforts. Don't take it to heart. Most CAP members conduct themselves in a professional manner, however there are some members  that have no idea what that means.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: oak2007 on October 27, 2009, 02:30:27 PM
Jill,
Great website, it's too bad that there are some folks in here that have nothing better to do then pick apart someone else's efforts. Don't take it to heart. Most CAP members conduct themselves in a professional manner, however there are some members  that have no idea what that means.
'

I think some Seniors need to grow a thicker skin and get used to criticism. As someone who uses the Internet for most of my information, as well as someone who took basic web design courses, the website yells circa 1994 to me. I'm 20, and it scares me to go to websites that are so rudimentary. Harsh criticism? Maybe, but it's not so much a negative as a message that the story is great, but with a better interface it would be more effective and reach more people.

Flying Pig

Holy cow people.  Thye woman set up a website to honor her father.  She isnt a web designer, she is a regular person learning as she goes.  Let it go.  She didnt post it looking for critisizm.  I think some seniors need to learn that not everything posted here is dont expecting to be critiqued and criticized. 

"Hey nice uniform, to bad your a big disgusting fat body."  Hey buddy, grow a thicker skin.

oak2007

On that note, here is a copy of the current CAP weight standards. I would suggest you look at it before making you next uniform purchase.

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/M39_1_atchs.pdf