Recruitment Detail

Started by C/MSgt Lunsford, October 10, 2009, 03:13:27 AM

C/MSgt Lunsford

Well...
I volunteered to go on "Recruitment Detail" this Sunday October 11th 2009. I am not familiar with a Recruiting Detail. I do know it is to go out into the Community to recruit for the Civil Air Patrol, but could someone explain it further for the Airman ;)

-C/A1C S. Lunsford, CAP
United States Air Force Aux.

Wright Brothers #13915

Seabee219

Ok, so you should go out in uniform and have some recruiting material with you, flyers, info about CAP or a table set up with things on it. Invite people to come to your meetings adults and kids   Get to know the public there, get involved and tell them what you do in CAP. 
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people

PHall

Cadet Lunsford, your Flight Sergeant or Flight Commander should be able to tell you what you will be doing.

And please stop talking/writing in the third person. It's really irritating.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: PHall on October 10, 2009, 04:13:35 AM
Cadet Lunsford, your Flight Sergeant or Flight Commander should be able to tell you what you will be doing.

And please stop talking/writing in the third person. It's really irritating.
Hmmm. I simply made one simple 3rd Person comment! Jesus, you could calm down a bit and explain it like Seabee219 did. If you don't appreciate the thread, you don't have to post in it. 

Quote from: Seabee219 on October 10, 2009, 04:00:52 AM
  Ok, so you should go out in uniform and have some recruiting material with you, flyers, info about CAP or a table set up with things on it. Invite people to come to your meetings adults and kids   Get to know the public there, get involved and tell them what you do in CAP.

Thanks. I knew it was recruitment, but I didn't know how it was to be set up.

Wright Brothers #13915

James Shaw

Quote from: Lunsford on October 10, 2009, 04:46:47 AM
Hmmm. I simply made one simple 3rd Person comment! Jesus, you could calm down a bit and explain it like Seabee219 did. If you don't appreciate the thread, you don't have to post in it. 

Even though this is a "forum" you still need to be minful that most of the people on this forum are adults and you need to remember that. They are trying to help you. You are allowed on the forum as a cadet. It is a benefit not a right.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

C/MSgt Lunsford

I'd like to appologize about my comment. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, just I feel like there was nothing wrong with having a 3rd Person comment like that. Sorry PHall.  :-[

Wright Brothers #13915

Spike

Quote from: caphistorian on October 10, 2009, 03:15:15 PM
You are allowed on the forum as a cadet. It is a benefit not a right.

??  I thought this forum was open to anyone and everyone.  You don't even need to be a CAP member to post here. 

DC

Quote from: Lunsford on October 10, 2009, 06:15:25 PM
I'd like to appologize about my comment. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, just I feel like there was nothing wrong with having a 3rd Person comment like that. Sorry PHall.  :-[
It's kind of an unnatural way to speak, and can be a little annoying at times. But, you aren't that bad...

You response was a little out of line, though.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Here is a picture from the event:

From Left to Right: (Colonel Mills, C/A1C Lunsford - Me, C/MSgt Dye, C/2Lt Mitchell)

Wright Brothers #13915

Gunner C

Just a question . . . Do they make you refer to yourself as "the Airman" in Martinsburg?

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Lunsford on October 13, 2009, 12:45:53 AM

From Left to Right: (Colonel Mills, C/A1C Lunsford - Me, C/MSgt Dye, C/2Lt Mitchell)

So you really have a Mitchell Cadet named Mitchell?

DC

Quote from: phirons on October 14, 2009, 01:51:31 PM

:D :D :D

In my squadron we have two brothers named Wright... I never thought of that before.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Gunner C on October 14, 2009, 01:34:02 PM
Just a question . . . Do they make you refer to yourself as "the Airman" in Martinsburg?
No. I was just being 3rd Person that one time.
Quote from: phirons on October 14, 2009, 01:51:31 PM

Yeah. He takes his rank serious. He makes all NCO and Airmen Snap to attention when an Officer Walks by (Even though we are supposed to do that already, he enforces it) He's a good guy. ;)

Wright Brothers #13915