BG Pat Patterson passed away

Started by Cecil DP, September 22, 2009, 07:30:57 PM

Cecil DP

I just found out that BG Patterson, National Commander from 1973-1976 passed away yesterday. He was also a  former MER and Maryland Wing Commander.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Spike

Nothing yet on the NHQ site.......nice NHQ, real nice!

I met him twice, once as a Cadet and again as a Senior.  He gave the best CAP speech I have ever listened to.  He will be missed, I am sure of that. 

Ned

Quote from: Spike on September 22, 2009, 07:56:22 PM
Nothing yet on the NHQ site.......nice NHQ, real nice!

I met him twice, once as a Cadet and again as a Senior.  He gave the best CAP speech I have ever listened to.  He will be missed, I am sure of that.

Dude,

Did you even bother to check?

http://www.capvolunteernow.com/news.cfm/patterson_former_cap_national_commander_passes?show=news&newsID=6041

I saw it there at least two hours ago.

I know you don't like the organization very much, but at least make a good faith effort to check before badmouthing NHQ.

Ned Lee

Spike

Quote from: Ned on September 22, 2009, 08:25:28 PM
Dude,

Did you even bother to check?

http://www.capvolunteernow.com/news.cfm/patterson_former_cap_national_commander_passes?show=news&newsID=6041

I saw it there at least two hours ago.

I know you don't like the organization very much, but at least make a good faith effort to check before badmouthing NHQ.

Ned Lee

^ um......

Where did you get I don't like the organization??

I knew of his passing at 10:00AM, and nothing was up at NHQ until 2:00PM.

Finally.....it should not be hidden in the news section, it should be on the front page of capmembers.com.  Instead some BS cellphone setup fee waiver from AT&T is there in its place. 

So....DUDE.....

SarDragon

IMHO, you came across with the attitude that some NHQ staffer should be constantly monitoring the news, with an "OMG, I should get that posted immediately" mentality. Four hours isn't a terrible response time.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spike

^  My biggest gripe is that an Advertisement is on the front page when this article should be there in it's place. 

However, this is not about NHQ or posters here.  I apologize for hijacking.  THIS IS ABOUT
Brig Gen Patterson.

He deserves a space on the front page for his dedicated service to CAP. 

RiverAux

They posted the article on the day of his death.  You can't get more timely than that.  They have a place for CAP News and that is where they put it.  If it was on the front page I would never have seen it since I go to the "News" for "News" (Imagine that).   

Airrace

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. A great man that will deeply be missed by all at CAP.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Airrace on September 23, 2009, 02:00:51 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. A great man that will deeply be missed by all at CAP.
Same here, I will keep his family in my prayers. Even though I did not know much about him, I bet he was a pretty cool guy.  :)

Wright Brothers #13915

Gunner C

I ran into him at a couple of conferences.  He was always pleasant, positive, and treated everyone with respect - he just plain liked CAP folks.  I don't think I ever saw him not smiling.  A true gentleman - he'll be missed.