Joint Honor Guard

Started by MyNameIs, September 18, 2009, 08:52:32 PM

MyNameIs

My Squadron Commander was formally a Sea Cadet Senior member and he wants to joint a honor guard was them and I do not think that goes with regulation. It does not talk about Sea Cadets when i looked but it does have JROTC and Boy Scouts in the Regulation.

Eclipse

Cap squadrons can cooperate with anyone they want, Boy Scouts, Sea Cadets, ACA, whatever.

The only issue is that each organization must work within its respective regulations, and in some cases that
limits who can do what.

There's no reason you can't work with the Sea Cadets and build an honor guard.

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

No, just because CAP doesn't mention NSCC in 52-16 doesn't mean you can't work with them. I remember a few years ago there was a joint Color Guard made up of CAP, USAC (they were still ACA at the time), Young Marines, and NSCC cadets for some event or other. I don't really remember the specifics of it.

MIKE

Everybody but the CAP cadet in that color guard was ACA.  This was before they consolidated the Naval and Marine cadets into the USAC.
Mike Johnston

DC

Quote from: MIKE on September 18, 2009, 11:19:04 PM
Everybody but the CAP cadet in that color guard was ACA.  This was before they consolidated the Naval and Marine cadets into the USAC.
Oh, were they? LIke I said, I don't remember much about it.. Thanks for correcting that.

flyguy06

I thijk a joint Color Guard is a great idea. Remember one thing though. A lot of things on Color Guards are based on traditons and symboogy.

For examole in a joint Army, navy AF, Marine Color Guard. The Army person always carries the US flag. This is due because the army in the senior service. Also in a joint Color Guad usually either the army or the marines serve as guards. This is due to their ground combat role.

But yeah I think a joint CG would be exellent. It would make CAP more known inthe community.

RiverAux

If you don't have enough CAP members in your unit interested enough to form an all-CAP color guard, then doing a joint one is fine.  But, if you've got enough members interested to do it all on your own, you should so that you can participate in the CAP color guard competitions. 

flyguy06

I think the point is NOT to replace an all CAP Color Guard. You definantly need those. But a joint Color Guard is good for comraderie. To work within your community.

Major Carrales

Quote from: flyguy06 on September 20, 2009, 04:41:44 AM
I think the point is NOT to replace an all CAP Color Guard. You defiantly need those. But a joint Color Guard is good for comradeship. To work within your community.

Well said, when times arise where we can work with others we should do so because we are, in effect, representing CAP to those groups.  We have made joint CAP/SCOUT and joint CAP/SCHOOL ORGANIZATION activities with the main reasoning being solidarity and amicability.

Now, if you plan to take these groups to compete in Color guard Competitions, that creates another matter.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

flyguy06

No, the whole competition thing isnt even a factor in the discussion. But everyone that forms a color guard isnt interesed in going to the national cadet competition

Major Carrales

Quote from: flyguy06 on September 20, 2009, 07:28:35 PM
No, the whole competition thing isnt even a factor in the discussion. But everyone that forms a color guard isnt interesed in going to the national cadet competition

I agree, however, I tend to try to answer people's issues prior to them asking the question. ;)
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Airrace