Can I use CAP aircraft to get current?

Started by pppatacki, September 03, 2009, 05:24:53 PM

pppatacki

I am in  the process of joining a local squadron as a senoir member. I have a commercial rating but have not flown in close to 15 years. I figure  it will take me 3+ hours of dual to get current again and then on to instruction for the form 5. My question  is, can this instruction take place to get me current in a CAP aircraft with a CAP CFI. I understand that initial flight training can't be done for senoirs but can getting current take place in CAP aircraft?

Pete

Nolan Teel

As long as your a member in good standing, have a CAP ID Card, uniform and meet any local or wing requirements you can use a CAP Aircraft to get current.  We have many pilots come to CAP who need to get some flight time in before they take the CAPF 5 Check Ride.  Get together with your Local CAP Instructor Pilot and have fun!

CFI_Ed

Quote from: pppatacki on September 03, 2009, 05:24:53 PM
I am in  the process of joining a local squadron as a senoir member. I have a commercial rating but have not flown in close to 15 years. I figure  it will take me 3+ hours of dual to get current again and then on to instruction for the form 5. My question  is, can this instruction take place to get me current in a CAP aircraft with a CAP CFI. I understand that initial flight training can't be done for senoirs but can getting current take place in CAP aircraft?

Pete
Yes.  :)
Fly safe!
Ed Angala, Lt Col, CAP
Oklahoma Wing/DO

pppatacki