Great non-disposable Glow-Sticks

Started by Spike, August 12, 2009, 09:12:04 PM

Spike

Very bright LCD 10,000 hour glow-sticks.  They are selling them for $5.99 online, but they have them at Home Depot for $2.99. 

I was very impressed and each comes with lifetime replacement of batteries FOR FREE (except for $1.00 shipping and handling).  Add up the number of glowsticks (the snap kind) you will use and compare to these.

3-in-1 Glow-stick, flashlight and whistle.  Has glow-stick steady and flashing modes in your choice of either red, green, white or blue (at Home Depot).   

Only drawback is the LCD light itself is rated to 10,000 Hours.  But that is many, many, many years of use away!

Here is the product spec.

http://www.lifegearcompany.com/glowsticks.html

side note.....called the company and told them about CAP and nonprofit SAR, they said we can get the replacement batteries for life with FREE Shipping.  Just when you call them for batteries make sure to explain you are with CAP and do nonprofit Search and Rescue.

Major Lord

Isn't this what we old time SAR guys called a "flashlight" back in the old days?

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

DC

Quote from: Major Lord on August 12, 2009, 09:15:04 PM
Isn't this what we old time SAR guys called a "flashlight" back in the old days?

Major Lord
They have a small flashlight in them, but they also can look like regular chemlites, but with 25 times the life on one set of batteries.

_

Quote from: isuhawkeye on August 12, 2009, 10:54:54 PM
here is another similar product
http://www.halbrookassociates.com/halbrook_associatescom/2008/05/led-glow-stick.html

Is there an online reference for the "standardized color plan that is used in common military culture" that you mention?

CadetProgramGuy

can't remember it all, but:

Green: People
Red: Hazard
White: Vehicle

I'll try to find more.....

isuhawkeye

Sorry,

I no longer have that list.  I'm sure someone around here can come up with it