Fabric jump boots

Started by AirAux, July 25, 2009, 08:12:00 PM

AirAux

Does anyone know where to find fabric jump boots with leather toe and heel cap?  I have seen them and can't rememer where.  Thank you.

Hawk200

I believe what you're looking for is a Corcoran boot.

One place that has them: http://www.shoeshackonline.com/site/623303/product/17146

Price seems about right for it.

IceNine

I have been wearing that boot for about 5 years now and absoluetly love them.

Word to the wise however, buy them a half size bigger than normal and get some high quality insoles.  The insoles that come standard are paper thin which is my only complaint
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Thom

Quote from: IceNine on July 25, 2009, 10:27:36 PM
I have been wearing that boot for about 5 years now and absoluetly love them.

Word to the wise however, buy them a half size bigger than normal and get some high quality insoles.  The insoles that come standard are paper thin which is my only complaint

Realistically you should plan on replacing the Insoles in any pair of boots you buy these days.  Most of the boot manufacturers know you are going to do so, and don't spend much money on the insoles that ship with the boots.

Superfeet Green are highly recommended, though there are dozens of other options.  Just search on Boot Insoles and you'll see tons of options out there for purchase.

I'd advise checking some Military forums for recommendations on actual models beyond the Superfeet Green, which I have seen recommended more than any others.

Thom Hamilton

jimmydeanno

The boots I wear have the title of "marauders" they have leather toe and heel, with canvas sides.  I've been wearing them for five years and they're still like new.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

IceNine

Exactly the same boot listed above.  FYI
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4