Main Menu

Out Of Yhe Loop

Started by PhotogPilot, July 24, 2009, 02:10:46 PM

PhotogPilot

Hi Al, I've been gone a couple of years (job and career issues), and am starting to get involved again. I'm having problems opening the .pdf files of the latest policy letters, and am wondering what the latest is on uniforms, seeing how it seems to change every couple of days.

I'm a CSU/TPU, BBDU kind of guy (chub clubber, but not chubby/fuzzy), and I know all the arguments back and forth, but I can't stand the gray combo.

Anyway, what's the latest. Are we still with smurf suit blue tapes and insignia on the BBDU, or did they ever go to dark blue, like the dark blue grade oin the blue flightsuit? And what about the blue two line name plate, did the "US Civil Air Patrol" get finally laid to rest? Also, the Command patch, which one is current, the "CAP-USAF Aux", the "Civil Air Patrol", or the "US Civil Air Patrol"?

Any other recent changes, or if someone can post the most recent policy letters if a format I can open, I would appreciate it.

arajca

1. Name tape colors haven't changed (I did submit a proposal, but it wasn't considered.)

2. The "U.S." is gone from the name plates - both blue plastic for shirt and brushed metal for jacket.

3. The current command patch is "Civil Air Patrol" - no U.S.

That's about it.

Eclipse

Quote from: arajca on July 24, 2009, 02:25:54 PM
1. Name tape colors haven't changed (I did submit a proposal, but it wasn't considered.)

2. The "U.S." is gone from the name plates - both blue plastic for shirt and brushed metal for jacket.

That's about it.

U.S. is fone from the nametapes as well and must be removed by March next year (2010).

The files are standard .pdfs - you might want to look into reinstalling Adobe reader, or try Google docs.

"That Others May Zoom"

PhotogPilot

Quote from: Eclipse on July 24, 2009, 02:30:00 PM
Quote from: arajca on July 24, 2009, 02:25:54 PM

That's about it.

U.S. is fone from the nametapes as well and must be removed by March next year (2010).

The files are standard .pdfs - you might want to look into reinstalling Adobe reader, or try Google docs.

Thanks, I never even bought any of the US CAP stuff, but I will need to get a new command patch.