cadets flying cadets

Started by flyguy06, July 19, 2009, 09:40:18 PM

flyguy06

I know a 20 year old cadet who is a private pilot and currently working on his instrument rating. he has over 100 hours. The new regs say he cant fly other cadets. On the other hand, a 18 year old senior member that is a private pilot can fly cadets.

Doesnt sound fair to me.

CASH172

We already talked about this topic in good detail here:

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=6972.0

Do I feel it is unfair?  Yeah.  I'm planning on being a CFI in 2 days and I still have about 2 years left as a cadet. 

SJFedor

Quote from: flyguy06 on July 19, 2009, 09:40:18 PM
I know a 20 year old cadet who is a private pilot and currently working on his instrument rating. he has over 100 hours. The new regs say he cant fly other cadets. On the other hand, a 18 year old senior member that is a private pilot can fly cadets.

Doesnt sound fair to me.

It's been hashed out in other threads already en masse. And yes, that 18 y/o senior can fly cadets, assuming he's got the 200 hours PIC time required to be a cadet orientation pilot, or is a TMP and is actively transporting personnel to/from a mission base.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

flyguy06

Sorry. Didnt mean to bring it up again. And I am not talking about just O rides. I mean just a regular flight. So, I guess the next question is how do you request a change in the regs?

lordmonar

Contact National via you wing CC.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

flyguy06

BillB

When I was a cadet umpteen years ago I flew missions in CAP aircraft as a cadet WITH a cadet Observer. Those were what some call "The Good Old Days". BTW on one mission the cadet observer spotted the crashed aircraft with two survivors.
But today that is no longer allowed. But there is nothing that prevents a cadet with a PPL renting an aircraft and flying a cadet as long as they are not in uniform and it's not a CAP activity. With parents permission of course
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

flyguy06

A cadet can be a mission scaner, observer, or pilot today as well. As long as they are over 18 years of age.

If they fly other cadets in a civilain capcity then it isnt a CAP function and they dont need parents permission unless the parent requires it