Main Menu

Hydration pack!

Started by Daniel, July 07, 2009, 09:12:53 PM

Daniel

Hey Cap-talkers!

I might be going to an event where it would be good to have a hydration pack rather then a couple of canteens. Does anyone know where any cheap? (peferably not used.)

C/A1C Lewis
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Daniel

Really? All sarcasm aside, thats like the last place I would've thought to look for something like this.
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

davidsinn

Quote from: Eclipse on July 07, 2009, 10:13:15 PM
Your local Wal*Mart...

Back in the camping section. They actually have some nice ones. Make sure you get one that matches the requirements in 39-1 though.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Daniel

Are they generally cheaper then camelbacks? (Whos prices scare me.)
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

Eclipse

Quote from: Daniel L on July 07, 2009, 10:48:50 PM
Are they generally cheaper then camelbacks? (Whos prices scare me.)

Yes, but in these cases you generally get what you pay for.

Proper care can go a long way towards extending the life of the cheaper ones.

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table 2-5. Clothing/Accessory Standards17 "Camel Pack" Water Containers Authorized for use with CAP field uniform or BDU only, in hot weather conditions, with or without built-in backpack. Will be black, brown, or camouflaged.

I know it may be cost prohibitive... but a military Camelbak or Hydrostorm is the most likely to meet the above specs.  $39 for a Sabre
Mike Johnston

skiblandford

i preffer hydrostorm bladders over camlebak bladers

Al Sayre

If you can't find one that meets the color spec's,  buy a plain one wiith black straps and make a woodland camo cover out of a BDU pant leg.  Keep the big cargo pocket on it, it'll come in handy...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

O-Rex

Walmart does sell a decent bladder for about nine bucks.

You can get the carriers on ebay for a song: I got an actual Camelback military, unused old stock from the late 90's early 00's, for five bucks, including shipping.  No frills, bells or whistles: just a plain padded OD green carrier with shoulder straps.

If you're patient, alert and shop smart, you can get a quality kit for under $20

Mullins

Just invest some and get a CamelBak. It's worth it!
Cadet Senior Master Sergeant Ryan Mullins
        NJ-067 Bayshore Composite
               Bravo Flight Sergent

DC

Make sure whatever you get conforms to 39-1 standards, it has to be all black, tan (Coyote Brown) or woodland camo.

coolkites

if you can do NOT buy one from wally world I got one as a gift and it had a blockage (glue most likely) in the tube and it never even worked plust try returning one of those suckers after its been "used"
Take the advice and spent the cash to get a true camelbak and if you can try getting on with shoulder straps and MOLLE to keep your attachment options open

http://www.camelbak.com/             and go under millitary good luck!

CadetProgramGuy

BTW, its CAPM 39-1

CHAPTER 2 - USAF-STYLE UNIFORMS (SENIOR MEMBERS AND CADETS)
Table 2-5. Clothing/Accessory Standards
17 "Camel Pack" Water Containers
Authorized for use with CAP field uniform or BDU only, in hot weather conditions, with or without built-in backpack. Will be black, brown, or camouflaged.

Emphasis mine

Airrace

I have had good luck with Walmart's hydration bladder's. Paid about $10.00 for it two years ago and no problems so far.

Strick

try wardens surplus wardenssupplyco.com

Hydration System, MOLLE Tan, NEW!
$28.98  $24.98
Save: 14% off
[darn]atio memoriae

Airrace

If you got time to wait try E-bay.