Cadet Handbook for Squadron

Started by Shotgun, June 28, 2009, 07:38:53 PM

Shotgun

I'd like to have the Cadets of our Squadron develop and "handbook" specific to our unit that contains much of the information a new member needs to hit the ground running.

I've seen a couple of example out there, but I'm wondering how many squadron have actually done this and if they would be willing to post a copy.

Also, does any one have any suggestions on content?  Here is some of what we are already planning to include:

Basic Knowledge:  Cadet Oath, Cadet Motto, CAP Motto, Honor Code, Values, etc.
Chain of Command:
Squadron History
Squadron Patch Heraldry
Organization (Squadron, Group, Wing, Region, National etc.)
Uniform Wear and Resources
Cadet Ranks / Senior Ranks

It's development and currency would be done by the Cadets as a leadership exercise. It's main use would be to hand out to a new/prospective cadet to help set their expectations and give them a resources to start feeling included right away. (Pluse, it would free up the leadership on having them not have to answer the same questions over and over.)

DC

I wrote one for my squadron in 2007, and have added to it a few times since then. It's a little over 50 pages long, with excerpts from 39-1, 151, 52-16 and 36-2203, plus other useful information and charts for cadets to record progress information.

The file is too large to attach here, but I'd be more than happy to email it to anyone who would like to see it. PM for my address.

Anyone is welcome to use, copy and modify it to your heart's content, but please leave a cite to my squadron.

NC Hokie

Here's something I threw together a couple of months ago to fill the gap between the time the cadet submits his paperwork and the time his membership binder arrives.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Big_Ed

Thanks NC Hokie!   I've been looking for something like this too.
Edgar R. Flick, Lt. Colonel, CAP
Emergency Services Training Officer,
Pennsylvania Wing/NERPA001
Member since 1977