RIP Lt Col Casey Sikkema - 50 Year CAP Member Passes 14 JUNE 2009

Started by Lancer, June 17, 2009, 05:04:39 AM

Lancer

Rest In Peace Sir! It was truly an honor to have met you and to have known you! Blue Skies!

http://obit.cookfuneralhome.com/obitdisplay.html?id=680730&listing=Current

SIKKEMA – Casey Sikkema, age 91, of Byron Center, went to be with his Lord and Savior on Sunday, June 14, 2009.

He was preceded in death by his wife of 65 years, Muriel (Bogard) Sikkema.

He will be lovingly remembered by his children, Elaine (Rodger) Poskey, Roger (Sharon) Sikkema, Janice (Lynn) Everse, and Mary Ellen (Larry) Tilma; his 11 grandchildren and 18 great grandchildren; and sisters, Margaret Stahl and Angie Vlug.

Casey retired after 50 years as a Lt Colonel in the Civil Air Patrol.

The funeral service will be held 11am Thursday at the Cook Memorial Chapel, 4235 Prairie SW, Grandville, with Rev. Kenneth Havert officiating. The family will meet with relatives and friends on Wednesday from 6-9 pm at the Cook Funeral Home – 2067 – 84th SW, Byron Center, and Thursday from 9:45-10:45 AM at the Cook Memorial Chapel.

Memorial contributions may be made to Faith Community Chr Ref Church – Library Fund or The Other Way Ministries.

The family welcomes memories and messages in their guest book online at www.cookfuneralservices.com.

NIN

I remember the Sikkemas.. Nice folks.

Blue skies and fair winds, sir.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Lancer

Quote from: NIN on June 17, 2009, 01:54:34 PM
I remember the Sikkemas.. Nice folks.

Blue skies and fair winds, sir.

Casey was a real treat to have at our open houses, he always had great CAP stories to tell from BITD.  He will be missed.

Maj Keith Sikkema, will be assuming command of West Michigan Group 703 this Saturday at Operation:GO!, we are going to make sure we take a minute of silence to remember him at this ceremony.