Main Menu

Senior NCO uniform

Started by citizensoldier, June 16, 2009, 01:15:20 AM

citizensoldier

Ok.  I am confused after looking at 39-1.  I am trying to get my Class A/B uniform together.  As a senior member NCO, do I need the grey epaulets with the blue shirt and do I wear sew on rank or pin on rank on the epaulets?  Pics of uniforms done right would help alot.

Thanks,

SSG Eppler
Mt. Hood Composite Squadron 1987-1989
SSG Stillwater Composite Squadron 2008-2009
SSGBroken Arrow Composite Squadron FEB 2009-Present
SGT OKARNG 08 APR 1988-23 JUN 2009

PHall

You have options.....

1. Wear stripes on the sleeves. You also have to wear the metal "CAP" on the collar.

2. Wear the grey shoulder marks on the epaulets. You're supposed to wear the ones with the embroidered grade insignia on them. These have to be special ordered from Vanguard. There's not enough demand for them to keep them on stock.

Option one is the easiest and least expensive. It also matches what the Air Force does too.

alamrcn

3. Order a set of these from Vanguard:

...and add these:

The collar "CAP" cut-outs are not required with these. Last I heard, the embroidered NCO shoulder marks were only made as "examples" - But who's going to say otherwise if you show up with them?

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

MIKE

Option 3. is not IAW CAPM 39-1 in it's current form.  So if you do it it's at your own peril.

Quote from: PHall on June 16, 2009, 01:24:11 AM
Option one is the easiest and least expensive. It also matches what the Air Force does too.

MIKE concurs.  If CAP is smart, they will discontinue the epaulet sleeves for NCOs for this reason.
Mike Johnston

citizensoldier

Thanks all!

Looks like I am going with Option 1.  It looks to be the best way to go about this. 

Mt. Hood Composite Squadron 1987-1989
SSG Stillwater Composite Squadron 2008-2009
SSGBroken Arrow Composite Squadron FEB 2009-Present
SGT OKARNG 08 APR 1988-23 JUN 2009