What is holding up the new CAPR 60-3?

Started by Short Field, June 03, 2009, 09:31:18 PM

Short Field

Does anyone know when the new version of CAPR 60-3 will be out?  I was expecting it to be released at least by last December.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

I see a note on it being in draft back on 29 Jan 2008, but nothing since, and its not up for comment.

"That Others May Zoom"

Always Ready

My SQ/CC (who is also on my region's ES staff) was reviewing a draft of it in April. It looked pretty good IMO, but he has not mentioned it since. I'll ask him about it tomorrow.

Short Field

Quote from: Eclipse on June 03, 2009, 10:17:18 PM
I see a note on it being in draft back on 29 Jan 2008, but nothing since, and its not up for comment.

It was up for comment early last year.  Then it was removed from the eServices.  Normally you would then see the new version out in a few months.  I then saw something that implied it would be out in Dec 08.
Wilson #2640

Short Field

They were making a major change in the format of CAPR 60-3.  Instead of trying to list requirements for each ops qual in the regulation, it simply referred you to the appropriate task guide.    That beats trying to list the same requirements on a ops qual in two separate sources because failrly soon, the two stop agreeing.

I would like to see the ES information presented in three locations:  CAPR 60-3 for the pollicy (same way they changed the new CAPR 60-1), then the Task Training Guide for specific  details and evaluation requirements for the tasks.  The SQTRs, which identify the specific tasks and other training requirements for each ops qual, would all be located on eServices in the Ops Quals module.   No confusion because information is only provided in one location. 
Wilson #2640

sardak

The National ES Team was circulating a review copy in April. Then last month there was a proposed change to the draft, regarding SET, out for review on the NHQ website. That review closed May 23.

The plan is also to combine 60-3 and 60-6 into one reg. Material which has been included in the past as appendixes, or should have been an appendix, will be posted on the national website. Like Short Field says, the idea is that the reg would contain just the policy and regulatory material.

The final, final draft still has to be approved by the NB.

"Who_knows" (Larry), a CAPTalk member, is on the ES team. Perhaps he will provide a definitive answer.

Mike

Larry Mangum

The CAPR 60-3 that was out for review is not the one that the ES Committee is working on. It was an interiem one put together by NHQ to cover changes that they felt needed to be handled before the comittee completed its work.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

grp3eso

i was at national HQ two weeks ago and they advised that it is being reviewed by the USAF. they also advised that it will be quite different than what we have today. the rumour mill told me that they are doing to 60-3 what they did to 60-1. that is move a lot of stuff like SQTRs to the web sites so they dont have to republish the reg everytime they change an SQTR.

RiverAux

Uh, pretty much all the tasks are in the SQTRs now and have been for quite a while.  However, they could still cut down that section quite a bit.