Main Menu

Senate Bill S.704

Started by Auxpilot, May 29, 2009, 02:18:28 PM

Auxpilot

Has anyone contacted their Senator and asked them to co-sponsor or support S. 704 (to direct the comptroller to study the use of CAP for HLS missions)?

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-s704/show

I have made several calls and the staffers that I have spoken to don't seem to have a clue what it's about. If they don't get calls from voters this bill will fail to make it out of committee and will die. It has already passed the House and now is in the hands of the Senate.

This is your chance to make progress toward getting more missions / funding and allowing us to do more to help our nation.

capn_shad

I have done so, especially since one of my home state senators, the newly-appointed Michael Bennett, sits on the committee to which this bill was referred.

All you COWG members who are interested in this topic, make sure you contact Senator Bennett (at least via e-mail) and request that he support this bill!

Oh, and by the way, I've been lurking for a month or so and enjoy this forum!  Carry on! [/relurk]
CAPT Shad L. Brown
Public Affairs Officer
Pueblo Eagles Composite Squadron

CadetProgramGuy

I just looked over the bill, then looked at the Sponsors of the Bill.  It is Sen Tom Harkin (IA)

Sen Harkin is a Colonel in CAP and is the Commander of the Congressional Squadron. (or at least he was at one point)

I actuually met him several years ago, introduced myself and addressed him as "Col Harkin".  He was impressed that I knew he was CAP, probably more over than being called "Senator"

notaNCO forever

One way to get politicians attention is to send them loads of postcards. You can make some up saying you support the bill and have friends and CAP members send them in. It's an easy way to get attention and people are more than willing to do it because it does not inconvenience them.

jpizzo127

I've called both NY senators and left messages.
JOSEPH PIZZO, Captain, CAP