Private Pilot Glider with SEL addon rating.. questions about TMP

Started by FastAttack, May 14, 2009, 05:51:20 AM

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Have you read FAR 61.1 (b) (3)?  Usually in sailplanes we like to do an out and return or triangular course, rather than just an out and a landing in a farmers field ;)

Not trying to pee on your fire, just FYI.

Noel

FastAttack

Quote from: RCAC on May 27, 2009, 02:40:03 PM
Have you read FAR 61.1 (b) (3)?  Usually in sailplanes we like to do an out and return or triangular course, rather than just an out and a landing in a farmers field ;)

Not trying to pee on your fire, just FYI.

Noel

here is the funny part according to that FAR if I am using it for ATP rating i can log it in as x-country time..

so technically i can say i am using those hours for "ATP" and come out as cross country..

Am I really thinking of getting an ATP? There is always an interest towards it.  Even though I am in the process of becoming a doctor, the possibility of me doing an ATP is actually not remote. I always have dreamed about flying a nice heavy plane :)

The point being is that I will do my 50 x-cross country either way.. I fly more than enough to accumulate the necessary hours during the next 2 months..
I was just questioning if I could use as I am almost done with the form 5 process. Taking my checkride next week...
shouldn't be that tough as I just did a checkride to get my PPL Rating ;)