Main Menu

CAP Wishlist.

Started by Hoorah, May 11, 2009, 09:47:52 PM

Hoorah

What stuff do you really want on your CAP wishlist?
If possible include pics.
My wishlist is to have a room built on a builders lot size 100 feet by 100 feet. In the CAP Storage  room would be the following. A room built inside 5 feet by 5 feet for trophys etc. The rest be uniforms, gear, in the rest of the room.   :clap:

DC

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 11, 2009, 09:47:52 PM
What stuff do you really want on your CAP wishlist?
If possible include pics.
My wishlist is to have a room built on a builders lot size 100 feet by 100 feet. In the CAP Storage  room would be the following. A room built inside 5 feet by 5 feet for trophys etc. The rest be uniforms, gear, in the rest of the room.   :clap:
You must have a huge squadron to need a 10,000 sq ft storage room...

Hoorah

BrandonKea

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 11, 2009, 11:13:03 PM
No for me.

I could think of a lot better things to do with a 100x100 room than just storage.

I would like to have internet access at my unit without having to have a DoD person logging me on. Being on an Air Force Base, we're restricted to the AF regs, no outside internet for us!
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Hoorah

Well I will make a drawing then. :P So you can see what i am talking about.

Eclipse

How tall will the ceilings be?

I'd suggest going 100x100x100.  Cubic feet, yeah, that's where its at!

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 11, 2009, 11:13:03 PM
No for me.
Wow... My house would fit in a building that large several times over...

QuoteHow tall will the ceilings be?

I'd suggest going 100x100x100.  Cubic feet, yeah, that's where its at!
Oh yeah! But why stop there, might as well get with the times and go metric, 100 cubic meters!

Hoorah

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 11, 2009, 11:25:04 PM
Well I will make a drawing then. :P So you can see what i am talking about.
JK.
Well here is the exact specs of what it would be and include.
It would include 1 uniform room. 1 SAR gear room. 1 Aerospace Education room such ads rockets materials to build them. 1 room would be encampment room with gear ready for encampments. 1 room would be for  paperwork, manuels binded and filed, computers with Cap software installed on them. 1 kitchen for cooking while there.  Just some of the ideas also stairs to addtional rooms.

BrandonKea

Actually, our squadron right now is set up pretty well. If we could get rid of the daycare center next door and move other things in there, we'd be set. We have a smallish orderly room for our testing cabinet, admin/personnel, and a computer that's not hooked to the Air Force network. Then is our Ops/Comm room, which is a little cozy but it gets the job done. We have a large area we use for a classroom, and a good sized conference room with a large conference table. The commander has his own small office, and next to that is our Aerospace room, which you can see on Page 8 of the March-April issue of The Volunteer. Our Logistics room is down in the basement, and is fairly large for the amount of stuff in it. It's a pretty sweet setup, considering our old building used to be a horse stable in the old Fort Crook. That aside, the building wasn't too bad, the Air Force decided to renovate and they booted us, but it worked out better in the long run. We also have a 20x20 storage facility in the Martin Bomber Building, which built B-26's and B-29's, including the Enola Gay.

...that's the tour, we've got coffee on the pot!
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

jpizzo127

Do our wishes have to be limited to phsical items?

I'd like a better marketting campaign to let emergency managers at the Local, State and Federal level, know who we are and what our capabilities are.

I'd like a more focused mission for the organization.

I'd like 1 uniform for everyone.

I'd like strict adherance to customs and courtesies.

I'd like the "Buddy" system to go away.

I'd like a national training curriculum with testing standards.

I'd like to start with these items.
JOSEPH PIZZO, Captain, CAP

BrandonKea

Quote from: jpizzo127 on May 12, 2009, 03:18:15 PM
Do our wishes have to be limited to phsical items?

I'd like a better marketting campaign to let emergency managers at the Local, State and Federal level, know who we are and what our capabilities are.

I'd like a more focused mission for the organization.

I'd like 1 uniform for everyone.

I'd like strict adherance to customs and courtesies.

I'd like the "Buddy" system to go away.

I'd like a national training curriculum with testing standards.

I'd like to start with these items.

Marketing is what you make of it. We make our presence known by going to county EOC meetings and the like.

A focused mission I can agree with, but mainly, what is our role in HLS. That must be clarified.

The uniform thing is addressed on the cadet side. Seniors should be able to fend for themselves.

I agree on the C&C, it's very lax, and I sometimes feel out of place when I'm the only one calling our Wing Commander sir.

Not sure what you mean on the "buddy" system.

The National Training Curriculum needs to be updated, and maintained. In an ever evolving force with an ever evolving mission, we need to stay on top of things. Many of the items that we train for are archaic, and many things are neglected. A complete overhaul of the National Training Curriculum is in order (at least for Ops).
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

tarheel gumby

A space that I would be able to display my squadron's growing historical collection, + Space to properly archive documents and photos. 8)
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

Big_Ed

My unit wish list?

I'd like to have a newer oil furnace for our building.  We have talent to install one, just no money.

Edgar R. Flick, Lt. Colonel, CAP
Emergency Services Training Officer,
Pennsylvania Wing/NERPA001
Member since 1977

Hoorah

Your wishlist can be anything related to CAP.

SJFedor

Decorum prohibits me from putting my wish on here...  >:D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Hoorah

Quote from: SJFedor on May 13, 2009, 05:14:43 PM
Decorum prohibits me from putting my wish on here...  >:D
Why.

BrandonKea

Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

Hoorah

I have a bad feeling about why. But can someone please say what it is.

SJFedor

*sigh* fine, i'll say it.

I'd want a LC-130 in CAP colors with an endless supply of JATO bottles. Ohhh, the work we could do with that!

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Hoorah

I knew it was something bad we would get in trouble with it.