Cadet solo pilot

Started by flyguy06, May 11, 2009, 04:18:53 AM

flyguy06

a. CAP Solo Pilot.
(1) Possess a current student pilot certificate with solo endorsements in accordance with 14 CFR Part 61 from a CAP Instructor Pilot in the make and model aircraft flown.
(2) For gliders, a minimum of 30 dual glider instruction flights prior to solo. Glider encampment/academy students are restricted from completing solo the first time they attend.
(3) For C182 airplanes, 25 (including cross wind, short, soft and simulated engine failure) dual takeoffs & landings with a CAP instructor in C182 airplane prior to solo.
(4) For G1000 equipped airplanes, complete the CAP Cessna G1000 transition syllabus for VFR operation.

So, here is my question. I am a CAP Instructor pilot (I am not a check pilot) I have been training a cadet (through a civilian flying club, not CAP) and i am ready to solo him. Once he solos (in the civilian flying club) does he meet the requirements to wear the CAP "solo" wings? According to the above passage he does. I just want to make sure I am not missing something

SJFedor

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

FW

of course he earns the wings.  However, there is one difference in procedure.....

instead of cutting off the back of his blues shirt, use a civilian "T"  ;D

Trung Si Ma

Cut his shirt tail off and slam his solo wings into his chest.  ;D

Seriously, it would really be nice if he could solo just before the meeting and get his wings in the opening formation.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

flyguy06

That would be cool. And it could be possible since his squadronmeets on an airport. However, we train at a different airport in the city. Thanks for the advice

caprr275

You need to enter the solo flight into the Pilot section on the NHQ site and have it approved before he can be a CAP cadet solo pilot

WT

And does anyone know what items you must put in eServices to get a solo cadet to show up on the FRO Support Report?

Phil Hirons, Jr.

The FRO Support Report shows pilots eligible for PIC in various AC. The minimum would be a CAP Pilot to be listed

SJFedor

Quote from: phirons on May 26, 2009, 04:13:31 PM
The FRO Support Report shows pilots eligible for PIC in various AC. The minimum would be a CAP Pilot to be listed

No, there's a way to get just the solo pilot listing on the FRO support report.

Load in your FAA requirements (Student-Airplane and Medical date/class)

Checkride/Questionnaires, load in the questionnaires for the aircraft being solo'ed in.

Appointments, load in solo training and solo flight dates.

You can then throw in the solo pilot rating if you desire.

I think that's how you get it to show up.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)