AF Approved New Command Patch

Started by RADIOMAN015, April 27, 2009, 10:51:47 PM

RADIOMAN015

Check out:
http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=163

Is this going to be the new command patch?  Apparently USAF has it on its' official site as part of the official CAP factsheet.
RM

DrJbdm

One could only wish that we would go back to that command patch and stick with it, but I believe that whom ever posted that on the USAF web page probably didn't know what is the current patch.

Personally, I think it looks alot sharper then what we currently have.

PHall

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on April 27, 2009, 10:51:47 PM
Check out:
http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=163

Is this going to be the new command patch?  Apparently USAF has it on its' official site as part of the official CAP factsheet.
RM

That's because no one has told the A1C who maintains that page that it has been changed, repeatedly....

Spike

That has been there for well over two years. 

Gunner C

Only get your information from official sources.  ;D

alamrcn

Quote from: Spike on April 28, 2009, 02:15:23 AMThat has been there for well over two years.

Dated at the bottom as: January 2009
So somebody has been updating.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Spike

Quote from: alamrcn on April 28, 2009, 02:11:17 PM
Dated at the bottom as: January 2009
So somebody has been updating.

Updating TEXT.  They also do periodic reviews in the military regarding fact sheets, thus the date may have been the last review.

O-Rex

I'm not trying to lower the bar, but I'm just happy that USAF even has a fact sheet on CAP.

Always Ready

^Yeah me too.

Has anyone else noticed that the official website of the U.S. Air Force does not have the correct link to the official website of the U.S. Air Force Auxiliary?  :(

PHall

Quote from: Always Ready on April 30, 2009, 12:14:17 AM
^Yeah me too.

Has anyone else noticed that the official website of the U.S. Air Force does not have the correct link to the official website of the U.S. Air Force Auxiliary?  :(

Probably because the guys at Maxwell who changed the site didn't bother to send the new link to HQ AF so they could update their page.

Always Ready

Quote from: PHall on April 30, 2009, 12:18:03 AM
^Yeah me too.

Probably because the guys at Maxwell who changed the site didn't bother to send the new link to HQ AF so they could update their page.

Yeah I figured that. I just find our relationship with the AF sad and weird.

Spike

Quote from: Always Ready on April 30, 2009, 02:30:36 AM
......I just find our relationship with the AF sad and weird.

More sad or more weird??

Always Ready

Quote from: Spike on April 30, 2009, 03:21:59 AM
Quote from: Always Ready on April 30, 2009, 02:30:36 AM
......I just find our relationship with the AF sad and weird.

More sad or more weird??

I think it is a good mixture of the two. But, that's how government relationships often work...they are confusing, weird, annoying, and several other adjectives. ;) I'm not down at Maxwell trying to make everything work better, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Edit: CAP-USAF's website doesn't have the new link either...ugh...someone needs to get the webmasters (or whoever) to start communicating.
Linky

ltcmark

^Yeah me too.

Turnabout is fair play.  There is no mention of the U.S. Air Force anywhere on the gocivilairpatrol.com main page. 

You really have to do some digging on the CAP website to even find a reference that we have a relationship with the Air Force.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Always Ready on April 30, 2009, 12:14:17 AMHas anyone else noticed that the official website of the U.S. Air Force does not have the correct link to the official website of the U.S. Air Force Auxiliary?  :(

Until CAP totally gets rid of CAP.gov entirely (if that'll even happen), any links pointing to it will simply be forwarded to goCAP.com - so, what's the problem?  It may not read "www.gocivilairpatrol.com", but that's where everyone ends up...

Always Ready

Quote from: mashcraft on April 30, 2009, 08:53:15 PM
^Yeah me too.

Turnabout is fair play.  There is no mention of the U.S. Air Force anywhere on the gocivilairpatrol.com main page. 

You really have to do some digging on the CAP website to even find a reference that we have a relationship with the Air Force.

True, very true. As I said, it's a weird relationship. You'd think that we would at least mention more or even better have a link to af.mil. To me, it shows that our official interest in our relationship with AF is severely lacking. At least they have a link to our old website and a factsheet on us.

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on April 30, 2009, 09:17:25 PM
Until CAP totally gets rid of CAP.gov entirely (if that'll even happen), any links pointing to it will simply be forwarded to goCAP.com - so, what's the problem?  It may not read "www.gocivilairpatrol.com", but that's where everyone ends up...

True, but it still doesn't take but a few seconds to change the web address. They update af.mil multiple times a day. CAP pays someone to update gocivilairpatrol.com. In both cases, I don't see any reason why 1. the af.mil website can't update their link to our website and 2. NHQ can't call up the company that maintains our website to get them to add a link to af.mil. Seriously, it's not rocket science.

Ok maybe I'm going a little overboard on this. Anyways, I'm going to go to bed before I type something that I will regret. :)