BDU Uniform Patch Placement Diagram?

Started by RADIOMAN015, April 19, 2009, 11:47:27 PM

RADIOMAN015

Gee, in the old days (mid 1960's) of CAP didn't we have a diagram of each uniform (right in the uniform regulation) that showed the various measurements of where it actually had to be placed (patches, rank, cap etc.?) .. 

Just recently purchased my Blue BDU's (The Hock Shop's service was like lightening, got my order the next day after order, and my name tapes, 2 days later (wonder how long Vanguard would have taken???) and it should would be nice to be able to bring a one page diagram to the local tailor shop with all the correct measurements for where all the patches go.  They already warned me of complaints from other CAP members about doing things wrong (BTW they've been doing this for 400+ years!!!! ???).

The closet thing I have is when I joined CAP there was a member's kit 8 pages glossy that does give most measurements with the picture BUT nothing is concise on 1 page.  Anybody got a one page diagram of the Blue BDU's/BDU's for placement of all patches?
RM 

SarDragon

Have you consulted CAPM 39-1? That's the very first place you should look when you have a uniform question. Admittedly, it has its vague areas, but it is still the correct starting place.

Table 6-4 is titled Wear of Badges, Patches, and Devices on Flight Suits, BDUs, Utility Uniforms and Field Uniforms. Item 21 describes where the patch should be placed. Figure 6-14 shows proper placement.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

IceNine

I take this to my favorite not-to-good-at-speaking-english tailor.  Works like a charm for her, maybe it'll fulfill you're purposes.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4