Main Menu

New Member Packets

Started by CadetProgramGuy, April 07, 2009, 06:56:17 AM

CadetProgramGuy

Most likely this has been covered, but searched revealed nothing....

I am working to start a new unit.  Doe sanyone have a new member packet you would like to share?

Thanks!!

notaNCO forever

For cadets, seniors, or both. Good luck with starting a new squadron.

CadetProgramGuy

notaNCO forever

I'll try to find a cadet that I have. My filing system is not the greatest so I might not be able to find it.

ThorntonOL

There was a Publication a few years back For Starting a New unit.
Try the National website under publications.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

Pylon

A new member packet?  I'm not sure this is what you're asking for, but I have packets I hand out at open houses and when guests visit the squadron.  My Prospective Cadet Packet comes in a pocket folder and includes:

Left side:
Welcome Letter from the Deputy for Cadets
CAP NHQ-provided Recruiting Literature
List of Expectations for Cadets
CAP Fact Sheet

Right side:
Membership Checklist (What they need to join)
CAPF 15
CAPF 60
Uniform Return Agreement (stolen from NIN)
Cadet Contract (also stolen from NIN)

Those materials are attached.  In addition, once they turn in their packet and begin the joining process, I start checking off things on a In-Processing Checklist.  Every person in the process of joining or newly-joined cadet has one of these sitting on a central clipboard in my office.  As they turn things in, and as I complete the tasks on the squadron's end, they get signed off.  This way, I know I haven't dropped the ball or they haven't forgotten to turn in something.  That's attached also.

As far as starting a new unit, I've also been working with a group of people in establishing a new squadron since last October.  They're still a part of my unit, but we're on track to charter them in about a month.  I have plenty of plans I could share with you, for the new unit as well.   I have a lot of that on my home computer and can share that later this evening.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

LtCol057

The publication mentioned by ThorntonLOL was a P4 "How to Start a CAP Unit".  It's now obsolete, and out of print. But someone may still have one laying around.  I had one, but it's gone MIA.  If you find one, let me know too please.

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Pylon on April 07, 2009, 06:50:21 PM
A new member packet?  I'm not sure this is what you're asking for, but I have packets I hand out at open houses and when guests visit the squadron.  My Prospective Cadet Packet comes in a pocket folder and includes:

Left side:
Welcome Letter from the Deputy for Cadets
CAP NHQ-provided Recruiting Literature
List of Expectations for Cadets
CAP Fact Sheet

Right side:
Membership Checklist (What they need to join)
CAPF 15
CAPF 60
Uniform Return Agreement (stolen from NIN)
Cadet Contract (also stolen from NIN)

Those materials are attached.  In addition, once they turn in their packet and begin the joining process, I start checking off things on a In-Processing Checklist.  Every person in the process of joining or newly-joined cadet has one of these sitting on a central clipboard in my office.  As they turn things in, and as I complete the tasks on the squadron's end, they get signed off.  This way, I know I haven't dropped the ball or they haven't forgotten to turn in something.  That's attached also.

As far as starting a new unit, I've also been working with a group of people in establishing a new squadron since last October.  They're still a part of my unit, but we're on track to charter them in about a month.  I have plenty of plans I could share with you, for the new unit as well.   I have a lot of that on my home computer and can share that later this evening.

PM Sent with personal email.  Send it there.