Found this while trolling the internet

Started by KyCAP, April 06, 2009, 03:09:04 AM

KyCAP

Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

CadetProgramGuy

Just emailed the resigtration people at jeppeson.  I will let you all know.

flyguy06

I donnnnt think Civil Air Patrol would qualify for this. Its not for personal use. Even with the miliyary it will probably be open only to people thathave a need for it. In other words, I am inthe army, but I probably wouldnt have access to it.

SoCalCAPOfficer

I called them and they said Civil Air Patrol is not included at this time.  It was a deal that was made with the DOD.  However, he said that he had been contacted about Civil Air Patrol and passed the request down the line.  It may be approved in the future.
Daniel L. Hough, Maj, CAP
Commander
Hemet Ryan Sq 59  PCR-CA-458

CadetProgramGuy

My answer to my email......

"Currently, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) contract with Jeppesen does not extend to the Air Force Auxiliary or the Civil Air Patrol at this time.  Jeppesen has brought this request to the attention of the NGA for consideration, but it will ultimately be up to them whether they will want to provide access to our services. "

Respectfully -

Andrew J. Walter
Strategic Account Manager
Government & Military Aviation

a2capt

At some point back I read a press release in, I think, an AOPA email that said Jeppesen would be making Flitestar available for CAP members.

..and then time went on, and I never saw anything, and so I asked Jeppesen and got back a confused reply.

I need to look up the stuff in the back email. Unfortunately searching for "Jeppesen" is bringing me all kinds of results .. ;-) I'll need to dig through it a little more.

Does member of the DoD mean active duty?

Stonewall

Unless they specify civilian DoD, I'd say any member (AD, Guard or Reserve) and civilian DoD.

I've purchased things based on my status as a Guardsman.
Serving since 1987.

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on April 06, 2009, 08:23:04 PM
...does not extend to the Air Force Auxiliary or the Civil Air Patrol at this time.

So let me get this straight...

The Air Force Auxiliary must wear the Air Force uniform.

Civil Air Patrol must wear the whites-and-grays.

Ah, I get it now. We've been operating as two organizations on the same event calendars.

>:D

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

EMT-83

Only took eight posts to turn this into a uniform thread.

NIN

Quote from: EMT-83 on April 13, 2009, 05:59:30 PM

OK, now, THAT was funny!

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: NIN on April 13, 2009, 06:13:18 PM
Quote from: EMT-83 on April 13, 2009, 05:59:30 PM
OK, now, THAT was funny!

Hey, someone had to make the wisecrack. If I didn't, someone else would have....

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.