How do I get a suggestion to the board

Started by flyguy06, March 27, 2009, 04:12:37 PM

flyguy06

As a regular member, how do I start the ball roling if I have a uniform change suggestion? How do I get it to the National Board?

James Shaw

Quote from: flyguy06 on March 27, 2009, 04:12:37 PM
As a regular member, how do I start the ball roling if I have a uniform change suggestion? How do I get it to the National Board?

You have to present the idea to your chain of command. The only ones who can really present it is the members of the NB. Your best bet would be the wing commander.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Angus

Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

flyguy06

I would like to see us get rid of the grey epulates. I would like to see us go back to blue epulets on the air force blue uniform

RiverAux

Angus

Quote from: RiverAux on March 27, 2009, 06:13:44 PM
Talk about a long-shot. 

I'd have to agree. I thought someone tried that even with adding "CAP" to them and it went down.  The Grey does have a distinctive look which how the Air Force likes it. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

flyguy06

We used to wear blue epulets with "CAP" on them back inthe 80's. SOmething happened to make the USAF get rid of that.

Angus

IIRC  it was because we looked to much like our AF counterparts.  They want us to look different now hence the grey. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

notaNCO forever

Quote from: Black Angus on March 27, 2009, 06:31:20 PM
IIRC  it was because we looked to much like our AF counterparts.  They want us to look different now hence the grey. 

I'm pretty sure that is just one of the about ten rumors.

Flying Pig

I still have the blue CAP epaulets. They were my dads.  Capt, Maj, LTC.  Im holding onto them just in case.

Angus

I wouldn't expect to be going back that way any time soon. The closest we'll come is the CSU with the actual air force insignia.
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

flyguy06

notaNCO forever

Angus

Corprate Service Uniform the AF blue pants with White Aviator Shirt.  AKA the TPU.
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Gunner C

I submitted one back in 1975 that is still on the books.  It went through the chain on command, got voted in.  If it's a good idea, you have a good chance, but if it's something that already has a history, like blue shoulder marks, I'm afraid there's already a smoking hole where it's already crashed and burned.

RiverAux

I think this idea falls in the category of items that they have probably informally or even formally discussed at the NB in the past so wouldn't really need to be brought to their attention.

Now, if you've got a great new idea about a policy or procedure, like Gunner did, thats probably the sort of thing that you would want to start up the chain of command.

JK657

Just playing devil's advocate:

What would be the justification for the change from grey to blue?

Slim

IIRC, this has been brought up in the NB several times, and has been shot down every time.

A year or so ago, Midway 6 over at CAPBlog had a Q & A session with Col Hodgkins, CAP-USAF/CC.  One of those questions was along the lines of "What would it take to get the blue epaulets back?"  Col Hodgkins's response was something like "It's just not going to happen."

Sooner or later, the Air Force is going to say "How many different definitions of NO do you folks have?"

Do I miss the old blue?  Yep.  Did I despise the berryboards?  Yep.  Do I like the grey we have now?  Well, it looks better than the berryboards.  FWIW, I wish we'd have brought back the blue ones, with CAP, for the CSU.

Slim

RiverAux

QuoteFWIW, I wish we'd have brought back the blue ones, with CAP, for the CSU.
This would have certainly helped set the stage for requesting them on the AF-style service dress uniform.

caprr275