Becker Simulator

Started by cfibrian, March 03, 2009, 06:33:12 PM

cfibrian

Anyone know of a simulator for a Becker ?

thanks

a2capt

Well.. Not as glamourous as an OEM stand alone simulator...

http://www.abacuspub.com/catalog/s752.htm

That add-on with Flight Simulator X is pretty decent.

maverik

+1,000,000 for the abascus sim it is awesome especially the pre planned missions.  Plus with FSX it's amazing.  Keep in mind to make sure your PC isn't bogged down.  I run these to things plus an A-10 sim on a stand alone computer and that will allow you to run it on high quality with no lag  ;D (on a laptop BTW)
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

es_g0d

Just know that there are several important pieces of fine-detail fidelity that are missing from ALL simulators.  As I recall, the Abacus version of the Becker SAR-DF-517 didn't incorporate the lag inherent in the unit due to its path averaging and memory.

Similarly, the simulations I've seen for the L-Tronics LA-series DF units are much too reliable for the real world, and as I recall don't model the sensitivity/strength relationship very well.  For a standalone free trainer, I'm particularly fond of DF88. 

In both cases the DF is 100% accurate -- NOT AT ALL an actual simulation of what you'll see in the field!  That said, they're GREAT for training your eyes and brain as to how you should be thinking and what you should be looking at.  Have fun!
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net