White aviator shirts in large and full cuts

Started by capchiro, March 02, 2009, 06:38:36 PM

capchiro

Does anyone know where to get full cut aviator shirts?  Most of them are tapered the wrong way if you get my drift.  Preferably something full cut and/or reverse taper.  A 4 or 5X is usually too large in the collar, while fitting at the waist. Thanks in advance.
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

arajca

Strick

I bought the quartermaster shirt and it has a pleat on the back, I would not wear it with the CSU.
[darn]atio memoriae

LtCol057

You have to be careful about some of the EMS/LE shirts. Most of them have a badge tab and/or a strap to hold the badge.  Some of them also have the epaulets sewn down at the ends.  I got one, not realizing these features, and couldn't wear it without making modifications to it. I cut the badge strap out, and fixed the epaulets so I could put my gray sleeve on it.  But it still had the badge tab that I couldn't hide.

EMT-83

I bought an aviator shirt from Wearguard that looked great until I tried to put the epaulet sleeves on. The epaulets are actually shorter than the sleeves. Maybe the new female-sized ones will fit!

MSgt Van

Van Heusen Aviator SS
Style Code: VAS

Mid-weight Poplin, 35% cotton   
Fullest cut shirt in the larger sizes
Short sleeves w/cuffed hem 
Flap pockets w/button closure 
Pencil slot in flap of left pocket
2 7/8" fused collar
Functional epaulets
Color: white

http://www.pilotshirts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=VAS

Rob Sherlin

Try garffshirts.com, I bought a few of them. They're Van Hausen with a strait cut to them. The best thing is they get a good deal on them and pass it on so they only run $16.00 for short sleeves, and $17.00 for long sleeves as appose to $22.00 and up.
To fly freely above the earth is the ultimate dream for me in life.....For I do not wish to wait till I pass to earn my wings.

Rob Sherlin SM, NER-NY-116