Main Menu

Piaggio

Started by Flying Pig, February 12, 2009, 07:10:55 PM

Flying Pig

Anyone here have any experience with one of these?  One flew into Fresno today.  I couldnt pass up the fog effect for the photo.

heliodoc

Personal, NO

But quite a few (and quite possibly same machine) running around here in the Midwest

I f I am not mistaken  Either Beech Starship and Piaggio were in competition for awhile for rear facing engines

I think Beech left theirs due to costs and seems Piaggio seems to be surviving

Flying Pig

Yeah, the Raytheon-Beechcraft Starship is out of production now.  But Piaggio seems to be doing well.

Al Sayre

On dropped into VKS last year and I got to talk to the pilots and take a look inside.  Pretty nice!  They're supposed to be the most efficient cabin class going right now, fairly fast as well, IIRC about 350 kts cruise.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Flying Pig

When you guys look at this thread, is the picture tiny or big?

notaNCO forever

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 12, 2009, 08:57:09 PM
When you guys look at this thread, is the picture tiny or big?
Tiny, unless I click on the photo.

bosshawk

Rob: great photo: looks like Fresno from Dec to March, every day.

BTW: Beech not only stopped production of the Starship( a long time ago), they tried to buy up all of the ones that had been produced in order to not have to support them with parts.  There were several owners who absolutely refused to sell back to Beech and kept their aircraft.  I guess that you will see an occasional Starship until they run out of spare parts and can't get anyone to make replacements.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777