CAL-TRANS ICS Courses

Started by Flying Pig, February 07, 2009, 01:26:46 AM

Flying Pig

I have a member who is a supervisor for CAL Trans.  The CA Dept of Transportation.  He has provided me a list of his NIMS transcripts for courses he has taken and believes they qualify for ICS300.  Anyone know who I could contact to check the equivalency?
The courses on his list appear to have state codes vs. "ICS 300".  Because it couldn't be that simple. >:D

The transcript says

COURSE TITLE: NIMS Compliance for Field

Course Code: 100751 

Session Number: 0030-Job Required

Course Hours: 2 hours

RiverAux

No way is that going to be an equivalent.   I'm not aware of anything being approved as an equivalent for the NIMS courses.  And even if they were, a 2 hour course would never substitute for 2 day course.

SJFedor

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 07, 2009, 01:26:46 AM
I have a member who is a supervisor for CAL Trans.  The CA Dept of Transportation.  He has provided me a list of his NIMS transcripts for courses he has taken and believes they qualify for ICS300.  Anyone know who I could contact to check the equivalency?
The courses on his list appear to have state codes vs. "ICS 300".  Because it couldn't be that simple. >:D

The transcript says

COURSE TITLE: NIMS Compliance for Field

Course Code: 100751 

Session Number: 0030-Job Required

Course Hours: 2 hours

Call CAL Trans, ask to talk to their NIMS coordinator or something like that. Ask if whatever that is, is supposed to subsitute for ICS300.

My thoughts? No way in a hot place.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)